Axel placement

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby asianflava » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:46 am

Yep, amazing how you find things when they perk back to the top.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: moveable axel

Postby Joanne » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:21 am

eamarquardt wrote: I am also starting a teardrop and have used the same approach. Because I'm using rect. tube for the frame, it is not necessary to mill out the angle the spring hangers are welded to. I took a piece of flat stock and welded three nuts to it. It will slip inside the rect. tube from the end of the trailer and then I can drill holes and insert bolts through the angle, through the rect. tube rail, and into the strap nuts. Have all this fabricated now and can send pictures. Will be able to finish the trailer, load it up to towing config. and get the exact balance I want, piece of cake.

What a great idea. I'm going to have to tuck that one away for any future builds. Thanks!

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Re: moveable axel

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:29 am

eamarquardt wrote: I am also starting a teardrop and have used the same approach. Because I'm using rect. tube for the frame, it is not necessary to mill out the angle the spring hangers are welded to. I took a piece of flat stock and welded three nuts to it. It will slip inside the rect. tube from the end of the trailer and then I can drill holes and insert bolts through the angle, through the rect. tube rail, and into the strap nuts. Have all this fabricated now and can send pictures. Will be able to finish the trailer, load it up to towing config. and get the exact balance I want, piece of cake.

...not sure(CRS ya know) but I believe that SteveH did something similar.......................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques