Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby CncMan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:52 am

Hi all,

I've designed and am building a TD to fit a Snow Bear trailer purchased from Costco. It is designed to be removable from the trailer. Most parts are cad designed and cnc cut with simplicity and ease of assembly in mind. I'll post more info as I progress with the building process, am just starting to cut parts.

Neal
CncMan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:08 am

Hey CNCman,

Welcome to the forum... I hope you're taking photos as you go.

I have a cnc machine in the basement, and I could probably cut model teardrops out on it, but it's definitely not big enough for a 4x8 sheet of plywood. How big is your cnc machine?

And what kind of a teardrop are you building?

Mike...

P.S. It's real easy to upload photos to your personal gallery. Just click on "Help with photos" above for directions... or
click on "Album" ->"Your personal gallery" ->"Upload Pic"
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby CncMan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:27 am

Mike,

Large machine is 5'x10' with 20hp vacuum table and 2 - 10hp Colombo spindles, and also have 2- 4'x4' systems. The TD is an 8' model, may do a 10' later. It is more or less a standard design. I'll post pics for sure. I like to try keep things simple and functional. Have 30 years of production manufacturing experience in wood/plastic and boat building.

Neal
CncMan
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:33 am

Cnc man, I was considering using my Snowbear trailer and making a removable TD also. I think Fornesto did. His is nice, but I don't think it is removable. I'll look forward to seeing pictures, even though I didn't us my Snowbear to build mine. Good luck with your build. Jim
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:56 am

Do you have a CAD drawing of what you are building? Can you take a screenshot and share it with us...

Or email me the file, and I can get a screenshot for you...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby CncMan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:09 am

Mike,

After reading some of the posts on this site I'm reworking the design to utilize some of the design ideas I've found. Will post when completed.

Neal
CncMan
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques