kenskill suspension

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

kenskill suspension

Postby tom » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:55 pm

Anybody ever try to duplicate an original Kenskill independent coil spring suspension? Does anybody have any shop drawings of them??? Or some VERY...VERY detailed photos??
tom
Teardrop Builder

Postby Grant » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:26 am

You might want to check with George Wilkerson at the Teardrop Fix-It Shop up in Montana (if he ever comes in off the range!) - http://www.teardropparts.com - he's documented just about every feature of the Ken-Skill.

Good Luck, and ...

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Nick Taylor » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:35 am

Tom,

I haven't been able to find out much about it but I will be taking mine apart and fixing some issues. The teardrop parts place only has the springs, nothing to fix the shafts. He may be able to sell you some used assemblies as he usually recommends that people replace it with leaf springs and an axle.

I did talk to another owner who had theirs apart and he let me know that the the tubes where the shafts go are lined with cork and he hasn't done anything wih his. I'm going to be looking into having bronze bushings machined to fit. I want to take out the slop in mine.

Here is a picture for those not familiar with the Ken-Skill suspension.

Nick.
Nick Taylor
The 300 Club

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques