trim & seal source

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

trim & seal source

Postby alaska teardrop » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:10 pm

great fun site! read many agonizing over trims & seals. so, i'll make my first post in this discussion. may i recommend trim-loc, inc. buena park, ca. www.trimlok.com. JLGB Lip-Guard makes a good clean edge along the line where the side walls meet the teardrop curve. easy to install, paintable, very strong bond, covers rough edge, seals rivets & screws. happy trails, fred
Last edited by alaska teardrop on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby SteveH » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Fred,

Let me first welcome you to the board. I've tried the link for trimlok all sort of ways, but can't get it to work. Is there maybe a typo there?

Thanks,
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ken A Hood » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:04 pm

Ya, there's a space between the www and the trimlok.com

http://trimlok.com/

I think someone else posted that link before. I remember seeing there products before.
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Re: trim & seal source

Postby Jimbo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:29 pm

alaska teardrop wrote:great fun site! read many agonizing over trims & seals. so, i'll make my first post in this dicussion. may i recommend trim-loc, inc. buena park, ca. www. trimlok.com. JLGB Lip-Guard makes a good clean edge along the line where the side walls meet the teardrop curve. easy to install, paintable, very strong bond, covers rough edge, seals rivets & screws. happy trails, fred

I like! Looks almost like the Rub Rail that was discussed recently. Only downside I see is it requires larger quantities than most of us need. Maybe a group order?
Started many, finished none... Bought a TTT <Sigh> ;)
Jimbo
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby TomS » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:37 pm

They have some interesting products. The problem is they only sell in huge quantities. I'm talking 250 foot and 500 foot lenghts for hundreds of dollars each. Not a good source for TD builders.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:30 pm

...I have had dealings with trim-lok and minimum orderss are 250' at about 2 bucks a foot, however austin hdw handles a number of their products and that is where we got the trim seal that we are going to use around the door
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby doug hodder » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:30 pm

I've had good luck locating their products through local RV dealers and parts houses....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby kurtibm » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:14 am

Most auto paint stores amd auto/boat upholstery supply houses also carry trim loc stuff as well.

kurt
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
kurtibm
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques