vinoscooter's trailer

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

vinoscooter's trailer

Postby jay » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:43 am

is there another picture of this trailer on the site? looks like it only takes up part of the trailer frame or is that just the perspective of the photo? and if so, does it expand? or just leave room for something else?
jay
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:04 am

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby vinoscooter » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:31 pm

hey JAY...my phot's aren't the best.I originally built it so The shell could be removed...So it's sitting on top of the tailer bed..Thats the biggest mistake I did..Next spring It will be removed, the trailer will be painted, & the shell will be mounted permanet..The trailer bed is 3/4 in ...So it looks kind of tacky the way it sits on there...After useing it this summer, didn't like the looks, or the way it sits on the frame..mounting it permenent is the answer..My mistake...Live, build & learn...Have a diamond plate tool box to be mounted on the tongue..It doesn't expand,it's 4x8...Has anyone trimed the trailer frame w/wood?...I put a wood trim piece on the back bumper so i could mount a outside rear table bracket. didn't want to mount directly to the shell....Table works super..The wood piece looks so good that id like to trim the whole trailer with it..Would also have to replace the bolts w/longer bolts..bolt through the wood directly into the frame holes..I still want the shell to sit up a little higher than the low profile look...Some of my camp sites are a little ruff getting into..Let the trailer frame take the scratches instead of the shell sides...hopefully..Take Care..55 birthday yesterday..Me have hangover today..
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques