Shocks?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Shocks?

Postby Gerdo » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:33 am

I'm thinking of adding shocks to my leaf suspension. Who has done this first hand and is it worth the cost and labor?
Gerdo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Shocks

Postby rooster » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:50 am

Gerdo,
Larry Sorensen put schocks on his Outback and he says it rides a lot smoother. Go to his web page, Outbackteardrop.com and find Body pages and go to page 8, there he tells about what he did.
I just purchased the same shocks for my tear yesterday from NAPA, part #555002, $25.00 ea. and you'll need the retrofit kit, #RB514, about $47.00 depending where you live. Hope this information helps.

Jim,
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Postby SmokeyBob » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:07 am

Gerdo
I'm installing shocks on my trailer. These utility trailers have a tendency to bounce unless there is a lot of weight on them. This is my first TD so I don't know of the camper weight will be enough . I would rather put the shocks on now while there is nothing on the trailer frame. For me it's just eaiser to do it that way. Here is a link to Monroe Shocks showing the retrofit kit you'll need for the trailer

http://www.monroeheavyduty.com/monroeHDdetail.asp?sec=prd&page=retrofit_kit

I ordered my shocks from a auto parts store. The shocks, retrofit kit plus shipping came to $210.00 :cry:

If you can buy the shocks and kit locally you'll save a lot on shipping.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques