Why do we install a roof vent?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:39 am

krang469 wrote:I am planning on using my tear for winter camping when I get it finished. Will a ceiling fan blow most of the heat out of my tear? I will be using a propane heater in my camper.

Most likely the heater will produce more heat (with people load added) than a tear needs. That said I would just open the vent and not turn on the fan. Gas heat in these small spaces could cause problems fast so some sort of vent would be a good idea. I on the other hand did not put in a vent, AC and leaving both windows cracked works great for me even in 100+ temps.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:13 pm

I couldn't bring myself to cut a hole in the roof for a fan, much in the same way I have a hard time cutting holes in the bottom of a boat for depth or speed transducers. But... I did frame in and wire for a future roof vent. I have a 600 cfm fan that sucks air through my A/C on the hot side and it discharges through a 6" blast gate in the floor, when the A/C is not in use it doubles as an exhaust fan through a vent close to the ceiling (flatulence removal device) also known as the FRD

Steve in St Augustine "Gee my eyes are burning turn on the FRD" :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques