"The Dew Drop Inn " Finished!!

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

"The Dew Drop Inn " Finished!!

Postby Boodro » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:15 pm

FINALLY DONE!! After using sooo much info provided on this board , its nice to be done ! :applause: :applause: Also a little sad :cry: Now what am I gonna dooooo?? The winter is commin & nothin to build! Oh well I guess I can work on my project car now. My son has been after me to get it running . I have used the Dew Drop Inn on a campout earlier , but it was not complete. Here are some pics.

[/img]
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:41 pm

...and another is done :applause: now ya gets to have tha real fun aaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

woohoo

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:32 pm

WOOOOO HOOOOOO :EXP :EXP

Maybe you could start on my BREDBOX for me!!! hahaha

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:00 am

MAN...that's 3 tonight alone that I found....great job Boodro!!! like I said in other threads...lets see some action photos....and some stories from all the Looky Lou's that check it out....cool huh? I"ll bet you just lay down in it and think huh? I know I do...PS is that beer bottle permanently attached???? and I do love the Homer doll!!!!.....Doug :thumbsup:
Last edited by doug hodder on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby mikeschn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:25 am

Good job Boodro!

Now it's time to break it in! Grab a few cases of beer and go visit IRA in Flordia! :lol:

And don't worry, you'll be able to come up with another project. How about a 5' wide version?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:46 am

Lookin' good! :thumbsup: I like the roof ornament in the second photo! :lol:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby randy chesnutt » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:49 am

nice job, it should look good behind you project car when you finish it.
randy chesnutt
Teardrop Master

Postby brickz » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:25 am

Greg, it finished out quite nicely from when I saw it, just like you described it. now get out there and use it. :applause:
Brickz
"A single accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions" - Admiral Grace Hopper
brickz
Donating Member

Re: woohoo

Postby mikeschn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:31 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:WOOOOO HOOOOOO :EXP :EXP

Maybe you could start on my BREDBOX for me!!! hahaha

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Julie

Would you settle for a 4x8 Bredbox? Um... that's inches, not feet!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TomS » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:19 pm

Great job. :thumbsup:

What did you skin the exteior with?
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:22 pm

Tom,

When I was there it appeared he was going to skin it with the textured fiberglass panels that you buy at HD. The one that has no UV protectant in it, so I'm hoping Boodroo put some kind of a paint or UV protector on it...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Boodro » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:09 pm

HEY Thanks for all the kudo's ! :? I also wanna thank all the members for the help & solutions. If I had not found this forum I would not have ever built The Dew Drop Inn.

Oklahoma- Whats a BREDBOX?? Somethin ya put BREAD in?

Doug , It seemed at the time durin the build that the HOOD ornament was permanent ! I went thru a lot elbow grease bending it ! :thumbsup: I have taken a nap or two also!

Mike , I think we all need to go to FL. & help Ira , & Woody & anyone else down there. We could bring back tons of firewood & make a killing up this winter EEHH!

Toypusher , thanks I used a lot of ultra beer on this!

Brickz - If ya wouldna left town we coulda went campin!!! :cry:

Tom , Mike is right , I used FRP that is textured.( & NOT UV RATED) like he said. I keep it in the barn for now,I will be moving it outside for the winter soon( I need the space to work on the Porsche! I am going to let it stay as is for a while to see if the skin goes thru any changes& maybe add some info about this debate at a later date ,say next summer. :thumbsup: :applause: & Thanks.

Mike , any suggestions on a UV inhibitor? Paint? Like I said I am leaving it as is for a while , but just in case I need to seal it. & Thanks.

OK now , erveryone who is not finished their build please stand up!! NOW GET TO WORK!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ya'll be Cool ! 8)
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Flonker » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:14 pm

mikeschn wrote:Tom,

When I was there it appeared he was going to skin it with the textured fiberglass panels that you buy at HD. The one that has no UV protectant in it, so I'm hoping Boodroo put some kind of a paint or UV protector on it...

Mike...

Textured fiberglass panels????????

I gotta spend more time down at HD, I see...

Now that I've 99% kicked my 'Wally World' addiction, somebody needs my hard earned cash, might as well be Home Depot...

:D
Flonker
Teardrop Builder

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques