need help w/weekender design

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Remove the sides?

Postby Greg M » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:42 pm

How attached (pun intended) are you to the existing 11 inch sides? If you were to cut them off and replace them with ones that could be dropped into some pocket holes at the edge of the bed, then you could have the best of both worlds. A utility trailer and a teardrop that you don't need to use a stepladder to get into.

-Greg, Victoria, BC
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby critter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:21 pm

yup,
i am gonna cut um off.makes lotsa sense to me,that way i wont have to square off the frt,dont like the looks of that anyway.i think franks got the right idea for weekender check his out guys!
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!

critter
critter
500 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:40 pm

by this time I do not know if you did it on a utility trailer or just did it as one.

There is a man in San Luis Obispo who did that and he rearly takes it off.
Mine is built to be removed but I also realized later that if you have the space it is just as cheep to have two trailers on for work and one for play.

For me I found that if it were off it would keep me from going out with it. Lets go camping oh I have to put the camper on the trailer and take that stuff out of the utility trailer to get it on. maybe we'll go nest week.

unless you have a really good system and have a realy simple place to pull it from and are use to putting a camper on a truck or have a like system you are sunk when it come time to put it on and go camp.

ONE TRAILER FOR CAMPING
ONE TRAILER FOR WORK
that's my vote. oh isn't this a poll :roll:

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Critter

Postby Jeeper92 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:54 pm

I think you should just build a new one and sell the old one to me!!! :D
Jeeper92
500 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques