Graphics ?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Graphics ?

Postby citylights » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Where do you get graphics for the side of your tear?

I would be applying mine to aluminum siding, any install tips?
citylights
500 Club

Re: Graphics ?

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:56 pm

John, most print or sign shops are into graphics now and they can just about give you anything you want from a photo, a drawing or even a picture out of a magazine. I just had some real simple vinyl ones done (both sides) for under $60. I installed them myself and they are very easy to do. :) Image
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Got these off eBay. They were a pair, specific for each side. Pressure sensitive vinyl, put on wet with squeegee then removed the outer 'skin'. Just go slow & know where/what you want 'em to look like. They were a little 'tricky' because of the several small 'ends' facing both forward & reverse. I really like these except it's kinda difficult to 'polish' the aluminum skin within the 'voids'... Lots available 'ready made' & there are plenty of designers who'll make pretty well anything you want.

Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Install Tips: Establish your straight and level lines with masking tape first and as a guide while installing, just request from the decal provider that one side, top bottom or whatever side suits you best, be cut true and straight with the image or figure you are applying. The masking tape that you already applied will butt to that edge. Put 2 drops of liquid dish soap in a squirt bottle and wet the area of application, this will allow you time and mobility to position it just how you want it. They will give you a little plastic paddle to work the decal down with to remove the soap and air bubbles from under it, once it's where you are happy wait an hour or so before peeling the paper off the top, they will also provide you with more detailed instructions on how to get the paper off without the decal coming with it. When it's all said and done you will still find that bubble you missed... no panic just prick it with a pin to let the air out and flatten it out with you tool provided. :thumbsup: Good Luck!
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm

We had ours custom made for us by Bad Brush Design, I supplied the vector graphic and they did the design.
It is an advantage to have unique less likely to be stolen easier to recover.

Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby ParTaxer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 am

Mine was created by a friend in the sign business. I gave him the idea and he created the art work and installed it. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Mike W
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby Tabitha » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:41 pm

I created our then had it made at carstickers.com They did a really good job and the quality is very nice. :)

https://www.carstickers.com/
Someday, we will learn to take living in stride. Sometime, we will learn to pay less attention to the imagined and stop fussing about things we had nothing to do with in the past - and cannot change significantly in the future. Very soon, we will sit together in the sun a whole day and just be happy that we can sit together in the sun all day and just be happy.
___ Cherokee Author Unknown
Tabitha
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mezmo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:30 am

I'm curious as to their longevity, or treatments to
help them last. I've seen some graphics on ~7-10year
old TTs that are now curling at the edges and starting
to peel. UV damage, no doubt.
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby ParTaxer » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:52 am

Mine is about five years old and shows no fading or curling. However, I keep mine in a garage.

Mike
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby Nobody » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 am

mezmo wrote:I'm curious as to their longevity, or treatments to
help them last. I've seen some graphics on ~7-10year
old TTs that are now curling at the edges and starting
to peel. UV damage, no doubt.

Mine is over 7yrs old now. No fading, loosening, or any other sign of deterioration. This pic was last summer when the TD was just about 7yrs old... It stays under this type cover when we're not 'on the road' but, no other protection.

Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Redneck Teepee » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 am

There are different types/grades of vinyl available and you just have to request the good stuff. That stuff you see peeling after a couple 3 years is the inferior stuff, and mass produced by the lowest bidder for the big manufacture's. The good stuff goes 5 to 7 years in the sun without issue, according to my sign guy. Once you are in the computer it's easier and cheaper to get additionals to replace down the road. :)
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby DMcCam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 pm

My graphics were cut by our own member Mike (PubUltraStar). Here's his membership link: http://www.tnttt.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16314 I designed them, Mike cut them out and told me how to apply them. It was pretty easy with the application fluid. Great guy there.

Cheers,

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques