Interior Walls

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Interior Walls

Postby ocasioc25 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Hello all,

Here again with some questions on the interior of my build. I was planning on using FRP since it's white and makes it look bigger, besides in my older years I've become claustrophobic. You know the one at the hardware store with the grainy side and .125" thick. I've read here and there that it will get messed up with the temperature difference. I don't want plywood because I don't like the stained wood as interior. I'm still looking around for any material that will work. I've been told PVC sheets might work too. Any help will be helpful. I'm still stuck on FRP.

Thank you Carlos
ocasioc25
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Interior Walls

Postby linuxmanxxx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 pm

At Lowe's they have nrp non reinforced plastic and its much lighter in weight than frp and be perfect for interior.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby ocasioc25 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks for your help. I want to install my interior walls and then slide in the galley. Let's see how that works. I've seen in here someone that already did that but I can't find the post.
ocasioc25
Teardrop Advisor

Postby aggie79 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 am

I used the white FRP to line the underside of my hatch.

It will off-gas for quite a long time so if you use it you may want to purchase it and let it sit for awhile before installing.
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby jonw » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 pm

I used white Coroplast (corrugated plastic) on the underwside of my hatch and on part of the inside wall (to lean against). Lightweight, easy to work with, reasonably priced, and holds up.

It used to be available at Home Depot but not Lowes. If you ask in HD, mention it is for signs. I've also gotten it from sign shops...

jonw
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques