Home built doors

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Home built doors

Postby NCBooger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 pm

I see that many builds have "home built" doors instead of a factory. My question is if anyone, who has built their own doors has ever added a way to put a screen across the opening? If so how? Pictures? I think it might be something I'd like to do on my build but haven't figured out a good way to do it. Leave the doors open at night with screens. Or leave the doors open to ventilate the inside during the day. Might be a nice breeze blowing through.
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
NCBooger
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Home built doors

Postby M C Toyer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Don't have a photo handy but if you want to leave your doors fully open you might think in terms of a sliding screen the same size assuming you would have room along the wall on either side of the door opening. Another alternative would be a roll up screen, like a window shade, but would you need Velcro or similar to seal the sides against insects.
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby NCBooger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Velcro, yep. I also thought of maybe a magnetic strip similar to a refrigerator door seal sewn into screening.
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
NCBooger
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kayakdlk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:58 pm

kayakdlk
Platinum Donating Member

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:23 am

I'm going to use one of these, cut in half. They are attached using Velcro.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/p ... creen+door
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques