ceiling fan height?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

ceiling fan height?

Postby Barak » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:10 am

Hi,
On my first build. My teardrop stands tall enough that I don't have a whole lot of clearance when moving it in/out of the garage
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much a ceiling fan/vent will protrude above the teardrop roof when fully closed. Also please be model specific since I will be purchasing one soon. Are there any "low profile" ones?
Thanks!
Barak
Albuquerque
Barak
Teardrop Builder

Re: ceiling fan height?

Postby Redneck Teepee » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:13 am

You can download almost any "Cut Sheet" for these from the mfg's website, a cut sheet will give you all the dimensions required for your build.
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:56 pm

This is a website (http://www.rvvent.com) with some great information on FantasticVent, which are the most common that you'll find. I've bought 3 fans from this gentleman over the years and he's very helpful. http://rvvent.com/pictures.htm

FantasticFan has changed their model lineup, so after you think you know what you want, give the guy a call and talk it over with him. :thumbsup:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby 48Rob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:36 am

Might be better to pull the trailer in, or out of the garage and take measurements at the garage door opener, and the overhead door frame, as these are the two lowest points where a vent fan cover would make contact.
Once thus armed, you can shop fans.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Barak » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Hey thanks!
I have 5 inches of clearance and found that the fans with he flat cover, instead of the dome, should work well for me!
Barak
Barak
Teardrop Builder

Postby 48Rob » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Glad you got it! :thumbsup:

I like the flat metal vent covers too, for the same clearance concerns.
Remember that if you change tow vehicles/ ball height, depending where the vent is on the trailer, you could loose some of that clearance...
(it could lift the front or rear of the trailer up as you go in and out of the garage)

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques