My Little Guy Teardrop Trailer falling apart

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

My Little Guy Teardrop Trailer falling apart

Postby yung7928 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi All, i just got back the trailer from shop couple days ago. And i discovered the gallery lid doesn't closed properly. It has a gap on the lower right hand side. So i think it may be some loosing screw of the hurricane hitch. But it seems fine to me, so i end up remove a screw from the right side of the hurricane hitch in order to move over the lid a little bit. So it could closed the lid completely. Enclosed some pictures for my trailer, please give me some suggestions to fix this problem. Thanks! :(

gallery/image.php?album_id=3712&image_id=125544

gallery/image.php?album_id=3712&image_id=125546

gallery/image.php?album_id=3712&image_id=125548

gallery/image.php?album_id=3712&image_id=125549

gallery/image.php?album_id=3712&image_id=125545

gallery/image.php?album_id=3712&image_id=125547

Ricky
yung7928
Teardrop Inspector

Re: My Little Guy Teardrop Trailer falling apart

Postby grant whipp » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:14 pm

yung7928 wrote:... i just got back the trailer from shop couple days ago ...

Greetings, Ricky!

Are we to understand that you had the trailer in a shop for repairs? Was the galley lid problem one of the issues? :thinking:

... And i discovered the gallery lid doesn't closed properly. It has a gap on the lower right hand side ...

Was it like that when you took it to the shop?

... so i end up remove a screw from the right side of the hurricane hitch in order to move over the lid a little bit. So it could closed the lid completely. Enclosed some pictures for my trailer, please give me some suggestions to fix this problem. Thanks! :(

If a shop did the work, and you paid them, then they should fix the problem ... take it back! Somehow, though, I don't think we're getting all the necessary information to be able to really give substantive advice. Good Luck, and as always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Redneck Teepee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

In photo # 4 it appears to have been hit or pushed in, at least that's what the picture looks like, and of course I'm not there to look at the whole shabang, so I could be 180 out. :thinking:
I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction, the world will have a generation of idiot's.
Redneck Teepee
Silver Donating Member

Postby yung7928 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 am

Hi All, Sorry for the confusion. The shop replaced my hub and repaint the axles only. But i saw this problem 2 days later. Not sure why it happens, it seems like the side panel of the lower right rear trailer pulling out a little bit. But i don't see anything underneath. I don't know how to fix it. :( .

Ricky
yung7928
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Verna » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:02 am

http://littleguy.vanillaforums.com/disc ... ment_33422

Yung, if you refer to this discussion on the Little Guy forum, I'm sure this will answer some of your questions.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby yung7928 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Verna, Thanks for your link. Hopefully i find some solution ;)

Ricky
yung7928
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tucguy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Being the proud owner of a 2006 five wide platform Little Guy, I have noticed the posts concerning the separation of the sidewalls of earlier year Little Guys. The weak point, as I understand it, is the connection to the floor at the sidewalls. Mine has been garaged continuously since new and has experienced wet conditions only under the hose during washing. It does not have a lot of use and has been used gently. It is as sound as the day it was built. I am not sure if the problems noted in various forums are from a design weakness, leakage of water during storage, or seepage during use in rainy weather. My impression of your probnem is that it does seem to be the common problem cropping up again with these early trailers. I think you should remove your right fender and all the trim on the right side of the hatch and hinge area. Try first to see if that right lower corner has separated from the floor connection. If it has, it will explain why your hatch is not fitting properly and you can begin the fix by solving the attachment problem and putting that right sidewall back in position. Let us know how this progresses.
Tucguy
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques