Galleys should have it's own section

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Galleys should have it's own section

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon May 11, 2015 12:12 pm

I have seen hundreds of galleys no 2 alike. from a single shelf to one that all the drawers are opened with air pressure.
Ones that offer a spare tire as a table to ones that offer a table at the back when closed that flips down and becomes the dinner table.
Ones with lights of all types.
Different cooking setups from ones that have a shelf that swings out of the galley and extends out the side to entire oven and stove pull out.
Counter tops of wood, metal, even a surf board
Supplies carriers of wicker, shelves with plastic tubs, Ice chests built into the back end, pass thoughts to the cabin, sliding counters that slide out in the galley or the cabin or both,some are built above the drawer that pull out from the intire length of the trailer and the sleeping cabin is above it, some with no galley and a chuck box instead.

And when it comes to a gathering few people are looking at the sleep area or talking about the over all design, but all the chairs and most of the talk is about the Galley.
Some folks are hoping for handouts of what ever is on the stove but most are looking to see what they can change on theirs or are looking for ideas on their next build.
Many of you have built more then one teardrop and few have made the galley the same, each has the new and improved galley or new camping things have been invented to make room for that new idea.

There are sites that are offered that are just of galleys.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=te ... Q&tbm=isch
I searched and searched and after having a trailer with no galley, I am working on one that makes sense for us. and it in some ways looks like some others and many ways will not.

But in all the galleys I looked at I never really asked how did you do this. Asked if I could open doors and look inside. Asked what they would change.
A few galleys are set up for show and you are expected to touch and open but most have unorganized stuff inside that they do not want you to see. Because they came to camp, share, and eat all those great foods that come from those teardrop KITCHENS
BETTER KNOWEN AS THE GALLEY! :beautiful:

If it had it's own section it would leave this site for the most important part the building of the trailer from ground up.

thanks for listening Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Galleys should have it's own section

Postby bobhenry » Mon May 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Somewhere on here is or was the galley gallery. I poured thru it in 07-08 when I was into my very first build.

It was always hard for me to find.

It is well hid in the sdtrippers index

http://s134.photobucket.com/user/ams-texas/library/Galley%20Gallery?sort=4&page=1
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon May 11, 2015 5:44 pm

Not a bad idea however.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby dales133 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:47 pm

That link is great thanks for sharing