3/4" Polished counter edge trim!

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

3/4" Polished counter edge trim!

Postby 2bits » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:06 pm

If anyone has ever ordered the 3/4" counter edge trim from Vintage Trailer Supply, you know you have to spend an extra $8.50 for a PVC shipping tube plus shipping too. Unless you just need an extra 8 foot long piece of PVC this is wasted money. I LOVE Vintage Trailer Supply but I prefer to be resourceful so when I got my first order, I looked up the manufacturer part number from the label on the package and found that you can order the exact same item at HomeDepot.com THEY supply a thick cardboard shipping tube for free and the trim is a couple bucks cheaper too. They also ship site to store for free always and ship to your home FREE with a $45 order.

Free shipping and no extra charge for the shipping tube was pretty significant. Again, no slight against VTS whatsoever and would pay a little more to support them, but I saved over $20 on my last order so it was worth sharing....

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MD-Building-Products-96-in-Decorative-Aluminum-Moulding-Edging-A811-in-Polished-67371/204955705

MD Building Products is gonna wonder what the heck is going on with the spike in orders since I posted this in a few places! :lol:

Here's a pic with mine installed on my dinette table and my "Boudoir" wall.
Attachments
IMG_0309.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG (91.73 KiB) Viewed 375 times
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Re: 3/4" Polished counter edge trim!

Postby Graniterich » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:28 am

Looks like it bent quite well. Did you set the torch to it?
Graniterich
Donating Member

Re: 3/4" Polished counter edge trim!

Postby 2bits » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 am

No torch needed on this, it's just got a very small overhang and I actually did a 90' bend just by folding it over just for fun but it did get some ripples in the finish when I did that. No issues bending this stuff at all
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques