5x10 plywood northern california

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

5x10 plywood northern california

Postby mariannf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi all,

I have seen some posts with folks asking where it is possible to by plywood greater than 4x8.
I just received shipment of 5x10, 3/4 inch ACX plywood from Berry Lumber in Sacramento. They were enormously helpful and delivered local.
they also have 5x5 baltic birch 3mm.

Mariann
mariannf
Teardrop Master

Re: 5x10 plywood northern california

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:29 pm

That baltic birch is nice stuff. My trailer walls are 2 5x5 13 ply sheets joined together. Next time I'll spend the money and get a 5x10 sheet. Save a lot of time. Did all my roof and hatch with the 3mm. Bends like a dream and paints really well. My galley counter, bulkhead wall and cabinet door are 1/2' 9 ply BB
Kaz
Kaz
Silver Donating Member

Postby mariannf » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Kaz wrote:That baltic birch is nice stuff. My trailer walls are 2 5x5 13 ply sheets joined together. Next time I'll spend the money and get a 5x10 sheet. Save a lot of time. Did all my roof and hatch with the 3mm. Bends like a dream and paints really well. My galley counter, bulkhead wall and cabinet door are 1/2' 9 ply BB

Yes, this is my first build, and I am surprised by how easy it is to manipulate the 3mm, and i am really glad to have the 5x10 since i don't have alot of experience with wood work. we'll see how this goes. This forum is a great resource.

There were a couple of other Sacramento area lumber yards that had ply greater than 4x8: Aura Hardwoods in Rancho Cordova also had 5x ply.

I
mariannf
Teardrop Master

Postby SC Campbell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:08 pm

mariannf wrote:Yes, this is my first build, and I am surprised by how easy it is to manipulate the 3mm, and i am really glad to have the 5x10 since i don't have alot of experience with wood work. we'll see how this goes. This forum is a great resource.

There were a couple of other Sacramento area lumber yards that had ply greater than 4x8: Aura Hardwoods in Rancho Cordova also had 5x ply.

I

Aura Hardwoods is where I have bought all my birch from. Very helpful. Good luck with your build.

SC
WANTED: '45 Kit Kamper
SC Campbell
500 Club

Postby mariannf » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:43 pm

SC Campbell wrote:
mariannf wrote:Yes, this is my first build, and I am surprised by how easy it is to manipulate the 3mm, and i am really glad to have the 5x10 since i don't have alot of experience with wood work. we'll see how this goes. This forum is a great resource.

I

Aura Hardwoods is where I have bought all my birch from. Very helpful. Good luck with your build.

SC

Thanks SC!
mariannf
Teardrop Master

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques