Farmtek Polymax thread Reborn

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Ron Shaw » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:28 pm

Sid n Side, Hey, a great job there. :applause: :applause: Also thanks for the kudos. :) You know I do like the way that stuff shines, your photos make it look like you have a really fine automotive type finish. You can see yourself in it. We just may be onto something big here. :thinking:
Ron Shaw
Teardrop Dreamer
Ron Shaw
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:04 pm

:D Moving this to the top of the page for those who need it.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mandy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Ok I just found this stuff yesterday Feb 19th 2009. I wonder if it is really as uv resistant as it says it is. Also is there any drawbacks to using the Poly max stuff? Sid how did it work out for your TD?
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby sid » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 pm

mandy wrote:Ok I just found this stuff yesterday Feb 19th 2009. I wonder if it is really as uv resistant as it says it is. Also is there any drawbacks to using the Poly max stuff? Sid how did it work out for your TD?

Hi Mandy,

Yes, it's UV protection was just fine. The problem with it is that it hates to lay flat when yhe temperature changes. Several people have tried to use it using various kids of adhesive from double sided tape to carpet glue. I skinned mine when the air was cool in November. The next spring when I had it out in the sunshine, it came alive with bubbles and veins and twisting. If you look through my web site album on it you can detect what I am talking about. No type of adhesive will stick to it for any length of time due to the way it changes shape.

The final conclusion from those that have used it is DON'T.

I sold it the following year to a lady friend of ours who is still using it. It's weatherproof, UV resistant and looks good from a distance. But as for a "quality finish", you are not going to get it.

Hope this answers your questions.

Mark
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques