Last Minute Suggestions?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Last Minute Suggestions?

Postby curtybird95 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 am

I am basically done with my build finally and i'm happy with the way it is turning out! Any Last minute suggestions from an experienced teardropper???
Attachments
cameringo_20170518_193829.jpg
cameringo_20170518_193829.jpg (926.8 KiB) Viewed 908 times
curtybird95
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Last Minute Suggestions?

Postby working on it » Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 am

curtybird95 wrote:I am basically done with my build finally and i'm happy with the way it is turning out! Any Last minute suggestions from an experienced teardropper???
I can't make out what's in your photo. Is it just me? Perhaps if you loaded a better photo, we could make suggestions.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Pinstriper » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 am

I am in no way an experienced teardropper, but 2 things stand out to me in the photo.

1 - This looks like the foldable HFT trailer, and secured with the pins and clips. If those were removed, does your build survive the frame being folded ? May be possible to tack weld the frame open, or at least put a nut/bolt with red loctite to make it permanent.

2 - Consider a drip shield above the door ?

Oh, and

3 - That front surface is begging for a solar collector

4 - A porch light next to the door ?

5 - Does the door have a lock ?

6 - Where do you carry the spare tire ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !
Commas. They save lives.
Pinstriper
Teardrop Master

Postby working on it » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 am

working on it wrote:
curtybird95 wrote:I am basically done with my build finally and i'm happy with the way it is turning out! Any Last minute suggestions from an experienced teardropper???
I can't make out what's in your photo. Is it just me? Perhaps if you loaded a better photo, we could make suggestions.
  • It was just me; I've been having problems with my PC for a long time, but everyday, there's another....
  • I agree with Pinstriper about all his suggestions, and will add some more. If you don't have a screen for your window, you'll need one, sooner or later, and you have loose wiring on the front of your frame. In my experience, any loose wiring will get ripped away, whenever possible. I've seen kids tear them off, just for kicks. Secure them out-of-sight on the underside of the angle, for security. I also don't see stabilizers under the rear of your trailer; you can use short jack stands underneath, or leave your trailer hitched to your tow vehicle, if you camp before adding any. I'm sure you'll find some things to add/change with every trip you take; I do.
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby curtybird95 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Pinstriper wrote:I am in no way an experienced teardropper, but 2 things stand out to me in the photo.

1 - This looks like the foldable HFT trailer, and secured with the pins and clips. If those were removed, does your build survive the frame being folded ? May be possible to tack weld the frame open, or at least put a nut/bolt with red loctite to make it permanent.

2 - Consider a drip shield above the door ?

Oh, and

3 - That front surface is begging for a solar collector

4 - A porch light next to the door ?

5 - Does the door have a lock ?

6 - Where do you carry the spare tire ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome Suggestions! I have drip Caps ordered for the door just waiting for them to arrive. I am planning for solar but in the future, not quite yet. The door has an interior lock but not on the outside. I have no spot for a spare tire. Might just throw one in the car whenever im hauling it!
curtybird95
Teardrop Inspector

Postby curtybird95 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:50 pm

working on it wrote:
working on it wrote:
  • It was just me; I've been having problems with my PC for a long time, but everyday, there's another....
  • I agree with Pinstriper about all his suggestions, and will add some more. If you don't have a screen for your window, you'll need one, sooner or later, and you have loose wiring on the front of your frame. In my experience, any loose wiring will get ripped away, whenever possible. I've seen kids tear them off, just for kicks. Secure them out-of-sight on the underside of the angle, for security. I also don't see stabilizers under the rear of your trailer; you can use short jack stands underneath, or leave your trailer hitched to your tow vehicle, if you camp before adding any. I'm sure you'll find some things to add/change with every trip you take; I do.

I have screens on the windows, just cant see them :) I have jack stands for underneath of it, but ideally id like to just leave it hooked to my car to move from spot to spot faster!
curtybird95
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques