A question about the Pico-Light trailer

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

A question about the Pico-Light trailer

Postby Oldseadog » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello everyone, Ive been lurking around for quite a while, wanting to build one design or another. never quit got around to building one. I am planing a cross country trip on my '84 Venture Royale and thought the Pico-Light would be the perfect trailer to tow. I am seriously thinking of making it a Foamy. I've been reading every Pico-Light build I could find, and believe I have an action plan worked out. I do have one question though. Has anyone, build one with a galley hatch? The plans say to use a camp kitchen box, but I'd rather not lift a box in and out. I look forward to all your advice and suggestions.
Oldseadog
Teardrop Inspector

Re: A question about the Pico-Light trailer

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Oldseadog wrote:Hello everyone, Ive been lurking around for quite a while, wanting to build one design or another. never quit got around to building one. I am planing a cross country trip on my '84 Venture Royale and thought the Pico-Light would be the perfect trailer to tow. I am seriously thinking of making it a Foamy. I've been reading every Pico-Light build I could find, and believe I have an action plan worked out. I do have one question though. Has anyone, build one with a galley hatch? The plans say to use a camp kitchen box, but I'd rather not lift a box in and out. I look forward to all your advice and suggestions.

I haven't built one; but, just looking in the design library at the Pico-Light drafts, I see two things: 1) It appears to only be long enough for a person to sleep; no extra length. 2) The axle is very near the middle of the trailer, meaning that putting a galley back there would mandate re-balancing calculations and moving the axle back a ways. This would mean that the Pico-Light's chassis, as shown, would not be a viable solution. Could you maybe put a camp kitchen box on the tongue?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques