1st Build Water Prevention Question

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

1st Build Water Prevention Question

Postby gammainjector » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Happy (Almost) Turkey Day, wrapping up propane lines and trailer lights tomorrow and thinking ahead to mounting floor and walls on my next weekend off. In figuring it out I realized I have a little problem in that my fenders are welded to my frame, I'm intimidated at the thought of grinding and re-welding the fenders so the walls could attach to the side of the frame so I opted for a way I could keep everything on the inside of the fenders. The below diagram I think should help clarify my concern, since my walls will be sitting on top of the trailer frame, what are your recommendations for sealing that edge. The aluminum skin will come down to the the bottom of the frame on either side of the fender, but only to the top of the frame where the fender is welded, on the underside all the edges where water can leak in, i.e. where the floor meets the angle iron and the angle iron meets the frame, will be sealed with black roofing silicone. Just looking for that added little protection. Thoughts?

gammainjector
Teardrop Inspector

Re: 1st Build Water Prevention Question

Postby linuxmanxxx » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Silicone will fall after a year or two. Go on Amazon and get larger tube of E6000. Stuff is amazing and stays stuck. Get it in clear and you won't regret it. Make sure the area is well ventilated when you apply it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques