side tents

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby madjack » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:29 pm

Tiki, that is really nice...I wish I had the extra coin right now 'cause I want one :cry: :lol: ;) ............... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Kelty Carports

Postby tomtrifik » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:37 am

I just came across Kelty's new Carports for SUV's and Vans. They attach to the carrier rail on top and then swing down beside the vehicle or the deluxe model can be elevated out like an awning with two support posts. They're really slick since they have noseeum mesh windows and drop down side awnings for privacy. Check them out at Cabellas or Kelty's websites.
Tom "Terrific" Myers
Phoenix, AZ
tomtrifik
Teardrop Inspector

Postby asianflava » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:58 am

You mean one of these?
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Kelty Carports

Postby tomtrifik » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:47 am

Yup, that's one of the models of the Kelty Carport.
Tom "Terrific" Myers
Phoenix, AZ
tomtrifik
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:23 pm

We recently received our Sportz Tent. I have been waiting for a dry day to set it up. :cry: It's still neatly packed in the bag just screaming at me, SET ME UP!" The only dry days are the days I am working. :thinking: :roll: Cough, cough. I think I may be getting ill and have to take a day off. 8) When I do get it set up I'll take some pics just for you, MJ. :snappy:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby billnut » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:12 pm

:D I just orded a Kelty car port for my TD from here Let you know how it works out.
Bill
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/store ... d=12500226
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ira » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Man, that thing is expensive.
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Rob » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:01 pm

Ira--

It's all a question of priorities. :money:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Ira » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:05 pm

I just don't understand that one. To each his own, but for so much money, you could have a full enclosure. (EZ up plus sides.)
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby asianflava » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:24 pm

Rob wrote:We recently received our Sportz Tent. I have been waiting for a dry day to set it up. :cry: It's still neatly packed in the bag just screaming at me, SET ME UP!" The only dry days are the days I am working. :thinking: :roll: Cough, cough. I think I may be getting ill and have to take a day off. 8) When I do get it set up I'll take some pics just for you, MJ. :snappy:

I actually tried setting up my tent in the living room. That didn't work out because the tent is a lot larger than I thought.

Yes I do have both the Kelty and the Sportz. I was lucky and caught a sale on both of them. I got the Kelty for $50 and the Sportz for $75. Both places were closing them out.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 pm

billnut wrote::D I just orded a Kelty car port for my TD from here Let you know how it works out.
Bill
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/store ... d=12500226

Like asianflava, I got my large Kelty car port for about $50 on sale a couple of months ago. Best buy I've made in a long while. The sale was posted here on the board. See what happens when you don't read the board. ;) I plan on using it to extend out from my hatch on rainy days.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:33 am

:D Well shucks Gage just had to spend my money on somthing. I can't take it with me and I don't want my wife and her next husband tobe spinding my money :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jim Marshall » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:47 am

Judy and I saw a tear that a fellow had built that lived down in Alabama and it looked like a factory built tear. He showed us the way he did his covering, awning, porch, side tent. He had on all four corners a piece of steel welded and one of the pipe bases that you can screw the pipe into, so that the pipe will stick up above the tear by about a foot or so. He had welded a metal spike in the end of the pipe. He made a tarp with the gussets to match the spikes on the four pipes and then he just pulled the tarp out on each side with additional poles, and rope and had a nice shelter to sit under and his tear was completely covered. We plan to do ours the same way. When the tear isn't in use we will have a great storage shelter here at home.

We finished our skin yesterday and are just waiting for more money to do our trim now. We still have to build the cabinet doors, drawers and such but we are getting close.
I started out with nothing and I still got plenty left.

VOL-N-TEAR
Jim Marshall
The 300 Club

Postby Ira » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:03 am

Jim Marshall wrote:We plan to do ours the same way

Can you hurry up and do it so I can see some pictures?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here we go again!
Ira
Forum Storyteller

Postby Gambam » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:35 am

I bought the kelty on the same the sale as Gage, but the better half said it wasn't private enough, so I just bought one of these.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=190818 for $39 it is really nice. I set it up in my living room, to check it out, it is very nice.
Gambam
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques