I need help with aluminum trim installation

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby madjack » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:09 pm

PaulC wrote:Madjack, Had a quick look at those two sites. This stuff is still aluminum and still needs to be softened, right?
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:

nope...at least the stuff we have didn't and bent quite easily around the 2" radius on the top front of the tear and fairly easy around the 1' radius of our front box with just a little persuasion with a rubber mallet....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby grant whipp » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:36 pm

Tiki Dude wrote:Hi Grant, This is edge trim for the outside wall to roof corner. The trim is from Lil Bear and is designed for the curved teardrops. Do you have the easy bendy stuff in stock? I may get some of that for ease of installation.

Thanks,

Chris

Well, Chris ...

... I'm still a bit confused (but, it HAS been "one of those weekends", ya know!). O.K., I now know that you're working on the outside wall-to-roof corner, but WHICH of the Edge Moldings did you / are you using this first time? The Regular Edge Molding looks like a simple "L" with holes punched on the long leg - this leg (with the holes) screws to the top of the trailer with the short leg over the side ... it's the softest easiest to bend, but will also deform that short leg a bit if you don't take it slow, steady, & easy with the bending process. The RV Roof Edge Molding is the heavier extruded stuff with the channel for the vinyl insert screw-cover to go into ... it, too, should go 'round your radii without much trouble, providing you go the slow, steady, & easy bending process and simply go a little slower with just a bit mor force.

I stock both ... and I am Li'l Bear, so I'm still trying to figure out what you bought from me that's not working ... ;-} ;-} ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby PaulC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:30 pm

madjack wrote:nope...at least the stuff we have didn't and bent quite easily around the 2" radius on the top front of the tear and fairly easy around the 1' radius of our front box with just a little persuasion with a rubber mallet....
madjack 8)

Thanks for that MJ. I am still interested in seeing a pic or two.
Cheers
Paul :thumbsup:
Time is the only real capital we have. Money you can replace but time you cannot.
PaulC
3rd Teardrop Club

Postby Tiki Dude » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:53 pm

Hi Grant,

It's not your stuff, it's me. I didn't know the screws went on top. My bad.

Thanks amigo.

Chris
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:26 pm

Hey, Chris!

Not bad ... just a mistake. We all make 'em! We learn from our mistakes (at least, I HOPE we do!), and we're always learnin'. I used to say that the day I stop learinng is the day they put me in a grave, but I've come to suspect that there'll probably be at least one more lesson for me in the hereafter ... ;-} ;-} ...

Continued Good Luck on that teardrop! In the meantime ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques