Luan Backed Aluminum sheets?

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Re: Luan Backed Aluminum sheets?

Postby RBB » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:29 am

shannonswyatt wrote:Indiana. My wife and I hit up Bontragers and a couple other RV salvage shops a few weeks ago.

I am a FIRM believer that anyone building a TNTTT that is looking for a deal needs to make at least ONE pilgrimage to Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana and hit up all the RV Salvage yards there!

Bontrager's - Good for just about everything you need to kit out your trailer, windows, doors, hardware, lights, electrical, huge selection of interior fabrics, panels, wheels, its all there!
Johnsons - 10min west of Bontrager's: Much better for those building a trailer frame from Scratch! Lots of hardware, suspension, wheels, metal, hitches, jacks, electrical, wheels.

Johnsons has some of their smaller components better organized, but their windows/doors are all hiding in an over grown grassy lot... long pants and patience required just to browse.
Bontrager's has their doors and windows better organized, but most of the trim rings are all separate so happy hunting...

Newsome's is new to me... i haven't been there... yet... it is about 30min south east of Bontrager's. Guess I will add it to the list!
RBB
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques