I hate to even ask this????

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Re: Thanx for the post Gabe

Postby kirtsjc » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:32 pm

Guy wrote:I have had success in the past with Pemko Manufacturing. Their geared hinges are superb too.

Thanks for this tip, Guy! I see hinges that I can use vertically, I think....

And not least, this civilian places his hat over his heart in salute to you!

Many, many HAPPY hours in your tear-to-be....

Whoo Hoo, I have to go back to the Funny Farm for now....
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:18 pm

Chris C wrote: <snip>
Gage, Gage, are ya gettin' blind in your old age? :SG It's the last item on their trim list. :lol: Sounds like your already over the hill!!! :rofl2:

Well, not blind, not over the hill, but! And I didn't check the trim list. Didn't think of it as being trim. And I most likely had the wrong glasses on. :lol:

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:38 pm

kirtsjc wrote: <snip>
(Endorsement disclosure to all: I only own a piece of the SoCal hinge, and I am not an investor, owner or any other manner connected to to SoCal except for being a customer; likewise, SoCal has not in any form paid me to endorse their product.)
<snip>

I don't understand this. Have you been sued lately for something that you gave an opinion on? And wouldn't the whole hinge be better than just a piece of the hinge. :scratchthinking:

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Gage wrote:
(Endorsement disclosure to all: I only own a piece of the SoCal hinge, and I am not an investor, owner or any other manner connected to to SoCal except for being a customer; likewise, SoCal has not in any form paid me to endorse their product.)
<snip>

I don't understand this. Have you been sued lately for something that you gave an opinion on? And wouldn't the whole hinge be better than just a piece of the hinge. :scratchthinking:

Have a good day.

I don't get the disclaimer either but the other part I do.

kirtsjc wrote:I ordered a 12" section to have on hand while in my mockup phase. I am very happy with what I am holding in my hand, but limiting it to the galley hatch, or tounge box hinge, i.e., HORIZONTAL only.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:43 pm

asianflava wrote:
Gage wrote:
<snip>

Have a good day.

kirtsjc wrote:I ordered a 12" section to have on hand while in my mockup phase. I am very happy with what I am holding in my hand, but limiting it to the galley hatch, or tounge box hinge, i.e., HORIZONTAL only.

I don't know why, but I got it. The disclaimer that is.... it's called humor

Not insanely funny, but funny.

Steve :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Steve_Cox wrote:
asianflava wrote:
Gage wrote:
<snip>

Have a good day.

I don't know why, but I got it. The disclaimer that is.... it's called humor
Not insanely funny, but funny.
Steve :lol:

Well, judging from all of his post, I think he was serious. Oh and I understood the 'piece' of hinge over the 'whole'. I was just trying to also add a little 'humor'. :lol:

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby kirtsjc » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:10 am

Dear Gage, asianflava, Steve_Cox and Gage_Again,

Gage wrote:
<snip>

Have a good day.

Just putting in a disclaimer, geesh, I'm sorry! - haven't been sued, don't wanna be sued, don't/didn't wanna start arguments here, and I did not want to order 6 feet of the SoCal hinge for my mockup when it is only 1/12th scale. 6 feet of hatch hinge on a 1 foot model is a wee bit overkill. It is bad enough that the 1 foot section I am using for mockup is way out of scale, but I think you all now get the idea? Heck, even Grant's "better-than" hurricane hinge looks bad when inserted into 1/12th scale... (NO pictures! 1) I dropped the camera and 2) I'm too embarrased to post pictures of the 1/12th mockup - it looks bad!

WHOO HOO! I'm off the Farm for the day!
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Hey, no problem. You just went into such detail that it through me off. Hey if we have a part and we like or dislike it, we tell about it and where we got it. 'disclosure' not required. Nothing wrong with endorsing something or not. I personally like the looks of the hinge that SoCal Tears offers and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for the board. I just have to figure if the added cost is worth it. I also wouldn't have to worry about shipping because they are close enough to me that I could just drive down and pick it up.

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:07 pm

kirtsjc wrote: 6 feet of hatch hinge on a 1 foot model is a wee bit overkill.

Well, they say you need to over hang the sides don't they? :R
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby kirtsjc » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:42 pm

:grouch day1:

Gage the Official T&TTT Pot Stirrer wrote:You just went into such detail that it through me off. Hey if we have a part and we like or dislike it, we tell about it and where we got it.

Oh. I thought I was SUPPOSED to write long-winded, legalistic, cornfuzeing disclaimers....

Gage the Official T&TTT Pot Stirrer continues and says wrote:Have a good day.

Thank you, and likewise to you!

(Disclaimer:Acceptance of, or transmission of civilities subject to mal-interpretation, mis-interpretation, dis-interpretation, and other such interpretations by either :P party, parties :P :P , or friends of the party/parties :shake hands: in question, with random acts of kindness :R being practiced or non-, mis- or mal-practiced or just practiced, hey nonnie, in fee simple, ipso facto, emoticons nonewithstanding, withstanding or just simply standing... I think? :scratchthinking: .)
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby kirtsjc » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:45 pm

asianflava wrote:
kirtsjc wrote: 6 feet of hatch hinge on a 1 foot model is a wee bit overkill.

Well, they say you need to over hang the sides don't they? :R

Well, overhang should be a wee bit to help divert water, right? Sure, sure, I've been reading what others wished they knew before they newwed it...

I guess I'm just making sure that the diversion is WELL away from the model/mockup to prevent backflow...

(Why do I think I just stuck my foot in my mouth when I said "backflow?" Don't answer that, I didn't ask it.)
kirtsjc
Silver Donating Member

Postby Gage » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:17 pm

(Disclaimer:Acceptance of, or transmission of civilities subject to mal-interpretation, mis-interpretation, dis-interpretation, and other such interpretations by either :P party, parties :P :P , or friends of the party/parties :shake hands: in question, with random acts of kindness :R being practiced or non-, mis- or mal-practiced or just practiced, hey nonnie, in fee simple, ipso facto, emoticons nonewithstanding, withstanding or just simply standing... I think? :scratchthinking: .)

Now I'm really confused. :? When did you say you were headed back to the farm? :lol:

Have a good day.

Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:30 pm

That's the fine print that you aren't supposed to read.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Chris C » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:02 pm

They can only read it at the funny farm! :whistle:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby owenmpk » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:44 am

The SoCal Teardrop hinge looks very interesting and clean as a door hinge but my concern is that over time it would want to drop. They look like very good quality trailers so I would think this is not a problem.
owenmpk
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques