Attaching the Walls

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:51 pm

Micro469 wrote: It will be glued and screwed to the side of the floor. Can I also screw it to the side of the trailer frame, or will that cause a problem if the trailer bends and twists when driving on uneven roads or pathways? I don't want it to crack or break the outside wall. :roll:

No problem at all, once your box is bolted to the trailer the bending and twisting pretty much ends. :thumbsup:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby kayakrguy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:05 pm

Thanks for the info re getting 1" angle--Kerry, Madjack. Next question--I know their is a drill bit for drilling holes in metal that leave a beveled hole in the metal so that the screw is recessed--what is that called? Wanna make just one trip to Home Despot!

Jim
A disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman...

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

Edmund Burke
kayakrguy
Lifetime member

Postby Ken A Hood » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:20 pm

I think it's a "unibit" your looking for......if not disregard my post.... :D

Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby asianflava » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:49 pm

Uni-bits, Chrismas Tree bits, or whatever they are called are great for drilling metal. I've found that they do leave a burr on the backside though. Not a big deal, I just hit it with a counter sink or a large size drill bit and it comes right off.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques