Boondock Campers?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Boondock Campers?

Postby rivernstream » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:02 am

Hi
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on my own build but am still looking already built alternatives to suit. Yesterday came across Boondock Campers, located in Missouri. They have several levels of build available and their prices seem quite reasonable-- even hard to believe. Anyone have any experience with them or know the builders?
It would be quite a road trip if I did it as I'm in California.
http://www.boondockcampers.biz/
rivernstream
Gold Donating Member

Re: Boondock Campers?

Postby greygoos » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 pm

He Posts on here all the time and is a member. His name is Andrew Herrick.
greygoos
Silver Donating Member

Postby rivernstream » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 pm

So I've learned. We're having a great back and forth now! I may well abandon my build plans.
rivernstream
Gold Donating Member

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:13 pm

I think that is interesting.
http://www.boondockcampers.biz/gallery.html
gallery
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby Andrew Herrick » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:00 pm

EDITED. Saved sales pitch for later.
Last edited by Andrew Herrick on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A few of my builds:

ImageImageImageImage

SEE MORE AT: boondockcampers.com
Andrew Herrick
The 300 Club

Postby rivernstream » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:10 pm

It's true
I abandoned my plans to build my teardrop when I became convinced over lots of back and forth with Andrew that he could execute my vision in 1/3 of the time at a very reasonable cost. And the amount of communication that we had led me to feel comfortable wtih a remote build. I have had a ton of input into all aspects of the creation. I wanted to use sunbrella fabric for the headliner, no problem. Wanted a xm/sirius bluetooth cd/radio on a turntable to the galley, instead of a DVD player-- no problem. Turquoise sides--no problem. Big Moon roof a la Jeff and Zeneta's also no problem (waiting to see pics of this....) Futon sofa mechanism a la dusty mark/jeff and Zeneta/BRX017. Plenty of consultation on hardware, electrical, suspension etc... This kind of interaction is not always easy, and we've had some back and forths, but have always found Andrew to be a responsive, creative, and capable problem solver and builder.

I'll be picking up in Utah at the end of the first week of August and will be sure to share pics and reviews of the finished product!
rivernstream
Gold Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers