Question on Bubba's units.........

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Question on Bubba's units.........

Postby muzz » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:54 pm

Hello:

Was wondering if anyone on this forum owns or has seen the Teardrops built out of Indy, by Bubba's Trailer Park ?.

The biggest question I have is the durabilty of the frame, it is a copy of the 1947 Kit trailer and the frame is 1/4 channel material. Wondering about strength etc.

What I do like is the simplicity of the units, the look, options, but can't decide on the frame.

Since it is a 1500 mile trip one way for me to Indy, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Muzz
muzz
Teardrop Inspector

Postby rbeemer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:44 pm

Muzz,

Where are you located, 1500 mile is a long trip maybe some other manufacturer is closer
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Re: Question on Bubba's units.........

Postby Gage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:09 am

muzz wrote:Hello:
Was wondering if anyone on this forum owns or has seen the Teardrops built out of Indy, by Bubba's Trailer Park ?.
The biggest question I have is the durabilty of the frame, it is a copy of the 1947 Kit trailer and the frame is 1/4 channel material. Wondering about strength etc.
What I do like is the simplicity of the units, the look, options, but can't decide on the frame.
Since it is a 1500 mile trip one way for me to Indy, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Muzz
I wouldn't worry about his frames any more than someone else who mfg's teardrops. There are several orig. 'Kit' teardrops here in California and I haven't heard of any frame problems with the orig. tears. Haven't seen any of his tears up close but have studied all the pics on his web site. If I was in the market to buy, his 'Kit" would be at the top of the list because of the quality that I can see vs. the price range. Call and talk to him. Also you might PM Classic Finn about this. He was considering one of his also and I believe has talked to him on the phone.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:29 am

From all I've seen and heard he builds a very high quality tear that is extremely close to the original Kit design. As for the frame... That looks like pretty heavy duty "channel iron" he's using? That would be plenty strong enough I would think. :thumbsup:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Gage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 am

Podunkfla wrote:From all I've seen and heard he builds a very high quality tear that is extremely close to the original Kit design. As for the frame... That looks like pretty heavy duty "channel iron" he's using? That would be plenty strong enough I would think. :thumbsup:
Are you sure Brick? Sure looks like tubing to me. But don't get me wrong, Like I said earlier. If I was in the market, he'd be at the top of the list.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:01 am

Gage wrote:
Podunkfla wrote:From all I've seen and heard he builds a very high quality tear that is extremely close to the original Kit design. As for the frame... That looks like pretty heavy duty "channel iron" he's using? That would be plenty strong enough I would think. :thumbsup:
Are you sure Brick? Sure looks like tubing to me. But don't get me wrong, Like I said earlier. If I was in the market, he'd be at the top of the list.

I'm only going by this picture from his website... Sure looks like channel iron to me:
And No, I can't be sure... I've never seen one in person that I know of.
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Gage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:19 am

With that photo, I agree with you. I've been all over his web site and couldn't find that one. Does he show more detailed build pictures besides what's on his gallery page?
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Podunkfla » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:38 am

Gage wrote:With that photo, I agree with you. I've been all over his web site and couldn't find that one. Does he show more detailed build pictures besides what's on his gallery page?

Gage... I got that pic from the page where he rebuilt his original '47 Kit:
http://www.lindertech.com/bubtrprk.htm
I haven't found any more other than his gallery either. I am just assuming, since he is trying to build pretty accurate replicas, that he is building them in a similar fashion to the original frame?
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Classic Finn » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:19 pm

Just an update on Bubbas Units ...he had to raise the price of his tears due to the hike in aluminum prices...

I was told that his units now cost 6000 USD..

This is info directly by Jim himself...

Classic Finn
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby IndyTom » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:35 pm

OK, does anyone know where in Indy this guy is located? Can someone post a link to his site. I have lived in or near Indy for 15 years now and I never knew that there was a teardrop mfg. here in town. I would see if I could arrange an on site visit and maybe a tour of his facility.

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:55 pm

IndyTom wrote:OK, does anyone know where in Indy this guy is located? Can someone post a link to his site. I have lived in or near Indy for 15 years now and I never knew that there was a teardrop mfg. here in town. I would see if I could arrange an on site visit and maybe a tour of his facility.

Tom

His shop is located at the end of Gasoline Alley where it "T's" into Rockville Road. ' It's a very impressive shop and facility.
http://www.lindertech.com/btp/gallery.htm

I stopped there last Saturday to pick up some trim amd a piece of aluminum.
BTW, the tears are well built. I've been on many campouts with Bubba (Jim Linder) and his friends.

In the old "Bubba's Trailer Park" web page, it shows pictures of the Newport, Indiana Antique Auto Hill Climb outing. It is really fun in the fall. (first weekend in Oct. each year.) Check it out
http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/20 ... portclimb/ :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers