Little Guy Dimensions Question?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:21 pm

jbbooks wrote:I'm a Little guy dealer in Kansas City. The interior length is enough for a person 6'3" can sleep in comfort. The mattress fits the flat part of the floor, and when you lay down your head is on the curve. You will sleep very comfortably in a 5 wide. Find the closest dealer and try one out before you decide.

Yeah, on the "retro" shape, like mine, your pillows are half off the top of the mattress. That sounds weird, but I have no comfort issues sleeping that way.

The "platform" models have a flat front, so you have more floor space.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

120v to a power strip

Postby Daniel Bernoulli » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:20 pm

Caseydog wrote:

[quote]They do offer a couple of options, but I imagine a lot of folks do their own electrical systems. I have 120AC running into mine to run air-conditioning and a power strip. That's all I need.[/quote]

Do you simply feed all power in through the galley with an extension cord, or did you install a power inlet made by Marinco or Hubbell? Please tell me particulars about amp size of your inlet(s) and RV or marine connectors. Thanks. :thinking:
Don and Debbie

You better mind yer parunts, an' yer teachurs fond an' dear,
An' churish them 'at loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' he'p the pore an' needy ones 'at clusters all about,
Er the Gobble-uns 'll git you
Ef you don't watch out!

James Whitcomb Riley
Daniel Bernoulli
Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:43 pm

Daniel. I went super simple on my electrical. I have a simple pass-thru chase, and on the inside is a 10 gauge cord that is 24-inches long with three outlets. I plugged my AC unit into one outlet. I have a 6-outlet power-strip plugged into another -- that is mounted to the inside wall of the TD. I plan to run another power-strip into the galley when I get around to it.

Everything is plug-n-play. And, all the wires are safely strapped to walls and under shelving so there is no rat's nest of wires.

When I get to my campsite, I simply run a 10-gauge extension corn into my pass-thru, and plug in my short cord with the three outlets. Done.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby 07rascal » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:36 pm

The pics in my album shows my 12v power wiring that I added to our Rascal. I also have since added a 120v power strip under the galley and a 24" florescent light under the cabin cabinet. This strip will be powered up by simply dropping a cord in thru the hatch and plugging it in. All wires are tucked up and tied to under the fixed sides of the galley shelf so its nice and neat. I will get some pics up of the 120v install also.

Terry & Lisa
Terry & Lisa
--------------------------------
From our LG Rascal to the Cabin-A.....The LG found a good home!

"When employed, live like your unemployed....so that when your unemployed you can live like your employed!!"

07rascal
Teardrop Master

Re: Little Guy Dimensions Question?

Postby mikeschn » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:57 am

Scott,

Sorry for the thread hijack... I really like your TDI. I had one back in 04, and I'm looking to pick up another one next year. Most driving fun I've ever had!!! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby 07rascal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:11 pm

120v wiring pictures added to my album......
Terry & Lisa
--------------------------------
From our LG Rascal to the Cabin-A.....The LG found a good home!

"When employed, live like your unemployed....so that when your unemployed you can live like your employed!!"

07rascal
Teardrop Master

Postby Stealth TDI » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:05 am

Hi,

No problem with the thread jacking. I never knew it since the "notify me when a reply is posted" doesn't seem to work for me. :( BTW, I still have my TDI. It just crossed over 10 years and 250,000 miles:

Anyway, I'm still looking at the Little Guys. I'd like to be able to build a bunk for my daughter. She's only 7 now. But her mother is 5'10" and I'm 6'1". It would seem she'd outgrow a 5W bunk before she's a teen. Therefore, I'm considering a 6W so she can be comfy. Then again, she may not WANT to sleep in a teardrop with us by the time she's 12. So maybe a 5W will suffice and she can sleep in an attached tent by then. 8)

I'm hesitant about the 6W since I'm not sure if I want to tow something that's over 8 feet wide at the fenders. That's about two feet wider than the car itself. The trailer above is a 4x6. Moving up to a 5x8 would be a small change. But a 6x8 behind a small car may be asking for trouble although I'm a pretty responsible tower.

I'm glad to see more photos posted of the Little Guy. There was almost nothing when I started this topic. Now I have a lot more to see and I've saved many photos for future planning.

Thanks Again,

Scott
Stealth TDI
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Bill P » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Here's a few pics of my Little Guy. I have hauled it from KC to Louisiana and all over KS and MO and never had spot of trouble. If you do get one, make sure to get the Super-fan vent option. It really is a great thing.

Bill

"Life is hard trooper. It's even harder if you're stupid"...Captain York"

Bill P
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers