Little Guy Dimensions Question?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Little Guy Dimensions Question?

Postby Stealth TDI » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi,

I'm interested in a Little Guy 5-ft wide model. While looking at the dimensions, I noticed the mattress length is 78-inches; but the floor length is only 65-inches. How can this be? Looking around more, I see discepancies on the specs between various models. Being just over 6-ft tall, I want to ensure I get a model that'll allow me to sleep straight. It seems the 5-ft model or 6-ft model are the only ones to offer over 72-inches of mattress, but not necessarily "floor length." My wife is 5-10. So we both need the length.

Also, can anyone tell me if the counter in the back lifts up to reveal a storage area? I'm interested in locating a battery, water, or other heavy items behind the axle to manage the tongue weight.

Thanks,

Scott
Stealth TDI
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Nytewyng » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:14 pm

I have a 5 wide retro littleguy and we have a a knox foam mattress which I believe is the same size a queen mattress and it fits the length perfectly..call Keith Horton at Littleguy in Canton Ohio, great guy he'll tell anything and everything about them
Rob and Deb Mangano
Nytewyng
500 Club

Postby jbbooks » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:02 am

I'm a Little guy dealer in Kansas City. The interior length is enough for a person 6'3" can sleep in comfort. The mattress fits the flat part of the floor, and when you lay down your head is on the curve. You will sleep very comfortably in a 5 wide. Find the closest dealer and try one out before you decide.
jbbooks
Teardrop Master

Postby Stealth TDI » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:50 am

Thanks for your replies!

What about the counter in the kitchen? Does it lift up? It would seem there is storage space under there. Is it accessible?

Thanks Again,

Scott
Stealth TDI
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jbbooks » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:56 pm

The counter does lift up. But you will be looking directly where your lower legs and feet will be when you are sleeping. the purpose of the hinged countertop is to allow you to load and unload stuff from the back of the trailer without having to crawl inside. the factory's intentions were that the trailer could do double duty both as a camper and a covered utility trailer.
A lot of my customers build in permanant kitchens and don't use the hinge aspect at all. I can send you some pics if you wish to give you some ideas.
jbbooks
Teardrop Master

Postby Stealth TDI » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Ah, yes!

Pics would be great. Feel free to send them to "StealthTDI*cox.net". I appreciate your effort.

Thanks!

Scott
Stealth TDI
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:25 pm

Stealth TDI wrote:Ah, yes!

Pics would be great. Feel free to send them to "StealthTDI*cox.net". I appreciate your effort.

Thanks!

Scott

NO ....post pics here(please)...we luv 'em ya know and others might have the same questions....... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Stealth TDI » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Posting pics here is a great idea! But, just in case the dealer lacks the webspace, feel free to e-mail them to me. I'll be glad to host them on my webspace.
Stealth TDI
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Little Guy Dimensions Question?

Postby NW_Subie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:58 pm

Stealth TDI wrote:Also, can anyone tell me if the counter in the back lifts up to reveal a storage area? I'm interested in locating a battery, water, or other heavy items behind the axle to manage the tongue weight.

I've found it helps to locate items closer to the front of my Little Guy, to limit trailer sway. I like to put the light stuff on the back counter. No issues with tongue weight.
NW_Subie
Teardrop Master

Postby marvmmarv » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 pm

jbbooks, Scott,

How are you doing on posting those pics of the Little Guy galleys? I would like to see them, too. I have a flat-back Pleasant Valley like the one in the picture and it's begging to be personalized.

Thanks!

Marv
marvmmarv
Teardrop Inspector

Postby caseydog » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:15 pm

I have a LittleGuy Cargo that I finished out myself. The thing I did not like about their lift-up galley is that with it down, there was a huge gap around the table-top for food and stuff too fall in on your bed, and bugs to crawl or fly in through.

That said, you could just remove what they put in from the factory, and put a new table-top in with no gaps. You could even have a hatch that lifts for easy access to the foot end of the TD.

Here is how mine looked when I first did the finish-out. I later added an AC unit, but this image shows a custom galley better.

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mrchuc » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:29 pm

Here are pics of my 4-wide Little Guy Galley (and there are a few more in my album):

The comments about the stuff falling down on the bed and bugs getting into the cabin are definitely true. :(

On the other hand, having access to the foot of the bed from the outside is great when making the bed. :thumbsup:

I think I will either install some no-see-um screen or find another way to close the gap. I don't want to give up being able to pull the fitted sheets in place around the mattress though.

Caseydog, I really like your finished galley. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

Chuc
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby driver » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Does little guy have any power either 12V or 120V?
driver
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mrchuc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:16 pm

driver wrote:Does little guy have any power either 12V or 120V?

I ordered mine with 12 volts installed. It was an extra cost item (which also included the Fantastic Fan.)

I don't know about 110 volts. Sorry, didn't ask. You can check at http://www.golittleguy.com They have an online chat option that worked very well for me when I had question.
Rolling lightly upon the Earth,

Chuc
mrchuc
Teardrop Master

Postby caseydog » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:18 pm

driver wrote:Does little guy have any power either 12V or 120V?

They do offer a couple of options, but I imagine a lot of folks do their own electrical systems. I have 120AC running into mine to run air-conditioning and a power strip. That's all I need.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers