New British Teardrop

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

New British Teardrop

Postby angib » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:16 pm

For a really small teardrop (I'm guessing it's only 7 feet long) made of fiberglass, try the BedBug. Well, actually, as it's made in Britain, they use glassfibre.......

There's no further details on their web site at present, but they do seem to be selling a demonstrator model on British eBay, item # 330110524120, which is where these photos come from:

Image Image

It seems a curious thing - the 'cute' shape and the boxy taillight moulding don't go together very well, for example. And I can't see the sense in skimping on the extra foot when it loses you all storage in the galley.

The eBay notice suggest the normal retail price will be GBP 3200 - about USD 6500! But to be fair, we do have 17.5% sales tax and the pound has hit its highest value against the dollar for 30 years, so the $ figure is always going to look awful high.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:15 pm

At 17.5% sales tax :shock: I hope you don't have income tax too :twisted: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Greg M » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:50 am

I wouldn't want to sleep in there if I had a leg cramp; I'd probably bruise my shins :x

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Greg M » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:52 am

halfdome, Danny wrote:At 17.5% sales tax :shock: I hope you don't have income tax too :twisted: Danny

Hey, up here for a 13% sales tax, and a 17+% income tax we get free healthcare. I'll take that deal anyday.

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers