UK manufacturer

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

UK manufacturer

Postby Mini Renegade » Sun May 27, 2007 10:43 am

Just found this in this months Practical Classics magazine

www.king-tiki.com

£4500 is a bit steep for a bottom of range one though :shock:
If evvr tha dus owt fr nowt, allus do it fr thissen
Mini Renegade
500 Club

Postby caseydog » Sun May 27, 2007 11:53 am

I like it. Simple, and nice looking in a retro sort of way.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Sun May 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Looks nice but they made the error of having the door threshold higher than the mattress.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Mon May 28, 2007 1:32 am

Well, what do ya know ... :thinking:

... a KIT-clone produced in the UK ... :thumbsup: ...! I wish them well!

Hey, Heikki ... have you seen this one yet ... ;) ?

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Classic Finn » Wed May 30, 2007 3:08 pm

Grant Whipp wrote:Well, what do ya know ... :thinking:

... a KIT-clone produced in the UK ... :thumbsup: ...! I wish them well!

Hey, Heikki ... have you seen this one yet ... ;) ?

CHEERS!

Grant

Hehe I just noticed that... Im lookin at the door height there as well..Gee I guess Ive learned a lot from our own Forum and Friends..

How long have they been in business? Have they built before? What are the warranties or guarantees? :thinking: :thinking:

But yes a kit on this side of the Atlantic is sort of cool.. :thumbsup:

Grant how,s the Kuksa workin for you both?

Best regards Heikki
Last edited by Classic Finn on Wed May 30, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Wed May 30, 2007 3:14 pm

asianflava wrote:Looks nice but they made the error of having the door threshold higher than the mattress.

Wonder how thick the matress is? I sure would lower that thar door..
My knees couldnt take the bashing..or any other body sections for that matter..

Grant are them fenders from you?

Heikki

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby grant whipp » Thu May 31, 2007 1:55 am

Classic Finn wrote:... Grant are them fenders from you?
Heikki

Nope ... don't know where they are getting them ... maybe they have a "local" producer ... :thinking: ...?

... how,s the Kuksa workin for you both?

Wwelllllll, Heikki ... :roll: ... :roll: ...

I got some good cognac and we were going to properly "christen" them at the Dam Gathering, complete with photographic evidence just for you, but we were just too busy and/or worn out to do 'em justice. Then, I thought, I'd do it at the Spring Fling, but by now you know I didn't make it up there ... :thumbdown: ...! So, now the plan is to take 'em to the 4th of July Fun in Carnation at the Masden's place in Carnation, WA.

The Kuksas, the Cognac, and the Finnish Koffee are in the teardrop, which I think is a fitting home, and every time we're out campin', we'll hoist the mugs with the proper brew, and toast our friends in Finland ... :applause: ... :applause: ...!

Thank you, Heikki & Suvi ... they are a treasure!

CHEERS!

Grant & Lisa
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Classic Finn » Thu May 31, 2007 4:22 pm

Ok this is for Grant and others... 8) 8) Curiosity Drove me to send an email full of questions to The Kit Look alike Builders in the UK. Low and behold a very nice and prompt email was sitting in my computer in the morning... ;) :thumbsup:

1st off here are some photos they sent..In my opinion the galley is very nice ...small but open.. :thumbsup: The fenders are made by them I was told.

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

UK king-tiki

Postby keeble81 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:54 pm

Hi All
I have looked a one of the king tiki close up at volksworld in April
the door is a lot hire in the sidewall the mattress was thin at the show it was priced up at 5.400 pounds a lot of money + deliver charge[/b]
keeble81
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gazmarson » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Hi you guys
thought i'd better sign up here as you are talkin' bout me. Thanx for the well wishes. Ok here is the lowdown on our trailers. We wanted to produce something of extremely high quality and bring some of that good ol american style vintage craftsmanship to the game. We feel we offer the best trailer in the uk market. Nuthin' has been scrimped on, every part is scratch built to a very high spec, even our axles are bespoke and we have used no off the shelf parts except for the obvious stuff like door furniture etc. Our starter price is actually £3749 for a base model, we dont really do a bottom of the line model cos evry trailer has the same build quality and parts, just an introductry trailer i spose. Our upgrades are all based on that trailer unless somene requests something completely different. So, i dont think our pricing is way off considering the labour, expense and quality employed. The fenders are indeed from Grant but the cost of shipping these for every build has meant that we now produce our own in house after locating a shaper and moulder , we have tweeked them slightly. The issue of the door height has now been rectified, (learning as we go here). I dont know where the £5,400 figure comes from cos we were actually offering a discount at the Volksworld show. Charging £5,400 would buy a pretty high spec trailer from us so maybe the enquirer was asking for a lot of custom options. Regarding the mattress, we use a high density foam 3" thick which is very comfortable but other thicknesses are available, of course, on request. Hope i have cleared up a few of the mysteries surround KING TIKI. All of our work is gauranteed and we look forward to setting a few more teardroppers on the road. If anybody would like more info bout what we do, please dont hesitate to get in touch.
www.king-tiki.com
gazmarson
Teardrop Inspector

Postby grant whipp » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:31 am

Hey there, Gary!

Welcome to the fun & frolic! Glad you stopped in here and posted! Good Luck & Good Fortune with the business! Hope we hear more from you in the near future ... :thumbsup:

As always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby madjack » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 am

Welcome to our bit of madness, on this side of the pond...nice looking rig y'all have there...if there is anything we can do ya for, just let us know and I hope you join...now and again...the chorus around here, .....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby gazmarson » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:54 am

Hi guys,
thanx for the inspiration and the support. Will be dropping by often. catch up when the time zones align.
gazmarson
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Two Showers » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:29 pm

We are the UK North of England Dealers for the 'SLEEPER' Teardrop. We got into this because I have a spinal injury and ride a Trike. I struggled with putting tents up and so researched Teardrops. I ended up becoming the North UK Dealer.

Our's is aimed at the very light market. AT 100kg rolling weight they can be towed by Trikes, 2CV's, Mini's, Microcars and Kit cars. The unit is fibreglass on a steel chassis and easily accomodates 2 people for a dry warm night. We also do interior fit-outs. It has a door awning or additional Dome awning for that bit of extra space.
I hope you don't mind me putting this on here, but we just want to offer an alternative for those who have small cars that won't tow the heavier tears.

We can be contacted at [email protected]

Many thanks, if this is not the correct place for posting an add, please guide me in the right direction
They said "Smile, things could be worse"....

So I smiled, and things got worse.

I am a true descendant of the Hobbits.

Two Showers
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers