Harbor Freight HANDLING charges

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Harbor Freight HANDLING charges

Postby Scooter » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:46 am

I'd order more from these folks if they wouldn't tack on such big handling charges. $19.99 for this trailer jack: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41004 Then $3.95 shipping which is fine, then they don't show you the $5.95 handling charge until it's time to give a credit card #. Almost like they're trying to pull one on ya.

Looks like I'll have to check Tractor Supply locally before ordering from HF.
The RoadCamper the old teardrop
Scooter
500 Club

Postby Arne » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:35 am

This is a problem with smaller orders, and I agree it is annoying..

When I want something, I look through the front and back pages to see if I can fluff out the order with some of their 1/2 price stuff...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Re: Harbor Freight HANDLING charges

Postby Jimbo » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:06 pm

Scooter wrote:I'd order more from these folks if they wouldn't tack on such big handling charges. $19.99 for this trailer jack: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41004 Then $3.95 shipping which is fine, then they don't show you the $5.95 handling charge until it's time to give a credit card #. Almost like they're trying to pull one on ya.

Looks like I'll have to check Tractor Supply locally before ordering from HF.

I shop at their retail store and it's great! I got my trailer jack on sale for 15.95. Only problem is the closest one is about an hour away so I have to plan when I go to make sure I get everything that I need.
Started many, finished none... Bought a TTT <Sigh> ;)
Jimbo
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:00 pm

It takes me almost an hour to get to my nearest store too. I have to have a plan when I go, I look at the sale papers so I know what to look for. The catch is it's just on the other side of town. Traffic in Austin is pretty bad, I've seen worse though, (I-295 in D.C., 101 in San Jose) but it doesn't look like it's getting any better.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers