Are you looking for manufacturers by name?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Do you plan to buy a manufactured Teardrop

Yes
33%
If I have enough money yes
No votes
I have never made anything that big and I realy want one
No votes
I want to make my own but I also want to see what is out there
33%
Help I just don't know what to do (hit reply and ask)
No votes
Can't you just give me a list of Manufactures
33%

Total votes : 3

Are you looking for manufacturers by name?

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 pm

I was supprised too that I did not find a sticky with names of Manufactured ones. If you seach the wed site for such.

here are some hints.

Teardrop webring
"teardrop trailer" makers
Mfg teardrop trailers

You can find it a lot of fun making and designing your own ...
But it you phisically can not or have no time there are many very fine manufactured Teaderops with happy owners. There are also people on this forum who can make you one, more to your specs and there may be people in your town or city who can build one for you.

Teardrops are cheeper to pull
become a conversation peice whereever you go
make camping simple and to the point.

There is a lot of pride in those who make there own
wheather they look like mine does real homemade with bumps and odd cuts and strange setups to teardrops that you would sware was made by a large manufacturer.

If you just want to camp and don't care what it looks like and as long as the DMV sees it a safe on the road you have a camper that will get you to the lake and back and you will come back rested.

Some teadrop meets offer prizes but ugly or buetiful they all have something in them that others see as a great idea for their tear.

It does not have to be a teardrop it can be a grasshopper which is close to the same size but does not look like one. mine looks like one in the font but is square in the rear.

Mine is painted, many are coverd with sheets of Aluminum, or all wood stained. most are simple but some are very complex, while others raise to 2 stores.

manufactured Trailers for the most part are just Teardrops, Some small trailers are like mine with a square back

most like a tent, do not have restrooms and if you are older like me parking near the outhouse is a good idea. But I have seen restrooms and showers designed in very small tailers. I bring along a seprate tent for shower, portapody, and stand up dressing room. so there are ways around it.

And as you find MFG'ed TD's in your hunt come back here and ask there is alot of knowlege here, and we are willing to share.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Hey Ron did you check out sdtripper's index at the top of the page. I think #4 is a list of manufacturers.
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers