Manufactured TD or TTT User Reviews

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Manufactured TD or TTT User Reviews

Postby Wimperdink » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:31 pm

I would love to hear from some of you folks who purchased tears manufactured by a mini travel trailer company. I just purchased a Wazat and there are a lot of things you can't see in pictures. I just brought mine home and want to sleep in it a night or two before I make my review. Would love to hear how you you feel about your lil guy's, amish built, tabs, wazats, camp inns, and whatever else you may have that I failed to mention.

Start with Year, Make, Model, & Dimensions, then....
Let us know about:

1. Quality of craftsmenship.
2. Quality of hardware & materials used.
3. How does it tow?
4. Comfort level while inside.
5. Creature comforts within, worth it or worthless?
6. Accessories available.
7. Your overall satisfaction. Price vs Quality. (no you dont have to say how much you paid)

Maybe your opinions will help others decide for and against whatever it is that they intend to purchase.

I'll be back with my review in a few days. (after I get my sleep on in mine)
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Wimperdink » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm back with my review... Don't be shy to chime in with yours.

This is a 2007 4x10 wazat by microlitetrailers.com .

In trying to be fair and complete... I'll list what I found to be negative and postive.

My first impression was that these trailers were built for the most part with quality parts and materials, but, up close, the company needs a better QC department.

The process of building is great. All 1" square tube aluminum welded was done very professionally. It is all insulated and the flooring and shelves appear to be covered with rhino lining or something close to it. The mattress which doubles as seat cushions when folded up are firm and are of decent quality.

The rain guards over the doors have the edges filed down so as to not catch clothing, but the filed edges of the white guards were not painted. There are a few of the torx head screws used to hold the door frames in place that were spun out indicating someone was using the wrong or worn bit. Some of the screws go in at an angle leaving the large head, cockeyed against the frame instead of flush. The latches that hold the doors open were rusted before it left the showroom floor. The top vent metal was also rusted before leaving the show room. The bolts holding the top vent were covered in butyl suggesting that something other than stainless hardware was used there as well.

I'm usually not so picky, but I rarely buy anything brand new off the showroom floor as well.

The tiny wide wheels are very much to my liking. While the worries of small wheels and bearings are very much prevelant, The small fat tires did not sink into every chug hole the way the thin HF trailer wheels do. I pulled this trailer at up to 80 mph and stopped about every 250 miles and immediatly felt the hubs... They were barely warm. The all aluminum trailer and body makes this trailer very light and easy to pull behind my 1.8L 4 cylinder Pontiac Vibe.

The fenders sit inside some tilted angle aluminum in such a manner that only 1 bolt is needed to hold them in place. This I believe is done this way to easily remove the fenders so as to not scratch the pod if you intend to remove it.

The axle is a 2000 lb torsion axle to make it set low to help with fuel mileage behind a small vehicle. Mine has a 4 bolt pattern and only assuming its a 4 x 100 as it looks like I could throw my HF wheels on if I wanted. The setup looks like it would be easy to change fenders and throw a larger set of wheels on it easily if you were so inclined.

The original latches were a good idea, but probably not strong enough. They have added turnbuckles to all 4 cornors front and back that definitly look strong enough to never have to worry about. They do look like an after thought though. The doors, latches, interior lights, exterior lights, LED trailer lighting, fasteners, and trim, are all of good quality. The top vent with its 1 speed mini fan, and open door latches could have used some paint or galvanizing to resist the immediate rusting, or a better quality. The hitch is probably plenty strong, but there is a minute amount of side to side wiggle that I dont like. I always believe in no flex at all. I wont be changing it because I'm sure its sufficiant. I just wish it was a lil thicker.

Over all, after having spent a few nights in the camper, and having towed it over 800 miles, The overall quality vs cost vs worth rating, I would give it 8 out of 10 stars. I could not replicate this trailer for what I paid. It is very comfortable and a pleasing shape in my opinion. It is an open palette for me to add my own touches. Its a simple design with quality hardware and an easy setup to modify. If I had it to do over.... I would do the same thing.
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:06 pm

That's sharp looking - congrats!!

I bought a 6'-wide Little Guy last fall. Camped just a little before winter set in. Will be back in the mountains in a month or so. Wrote about it and posted several pics in this thread.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=20021

Will be posting a lot more when we're back out camping this spring.

So far I don't have any complaints.

:)

[url]Image[/url]
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers