Rockler Store

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Rockler Store

Postby TomS » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:33 pm

My boss owed me some comp time. So, I left work early today and drove to the Rockler store in Cambridge, Mass. Normally, I avoid going anywhere inside Boston's Rte. 128 beltway. But, I saw some hinges on the Rockler web site that I liked. I wanted to get closer look at them before making my decision.

I bought my hinges. I also picked up a set of drawer slides and a nice set right-angle jigs with clamps (an impluse purchase for sure).

The folks in that store are amazingly knowelegeable and helpful. After I picked out my hinges, I asked one of the clerks where the baskets were. Instead of the sending me across the store to fetch it myself, the guy got one himself and brought it to me! When I had a question about the drawer slides, someone was right threre to help me. I should also point out that it was just after Noon and the store was busy with people shopping on thier lunch breaks.

It's a pain in the butt getting there. And, I had to park at a meter on the street. But, once inside the store, the service was so much better than what I've come to expect at Blowe's and Home Despot!

:thumbsup:
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:00 pm

Tom,

I'm sure that you are holding something back about the two stores you mentioned at the end. Be HONEST - HOW DO YOU REALLY FEEL! ;) 8)

kERRY
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby davel » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:59 pm

Tom,

I have to agree with you on their service. I think it's the Rockler way. We had a store open last year in Mesquite, Tx. They have great service and almost always have what you need. What I really like is if you don't need help they leave you alone. And did I mention they have great online service. Most things I've ordered online I've recieved in 2 to 3 days.

Dave :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:44 am

I have dealt with Rockler also :thumbsup: , and think that they have great service. Mine have all been mail order.

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:52 am

I've found that the few smaller stores that survive do it on service. Our local hardware store (with a h/d about 2 miles away) has a very supporitve clientel. They have more assisants per customer, and they are very helpful.... unlike h/d who has pulled a lot of experienced people and replaced them with high school stock kids......

And on a lot of stuff, the prices are equal.... their selection of nuts and bolts in weird sizes and material (bronze, stainless) is outstanding.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby TomS » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:20 pm

toypusher wrote:I'm sure that you are holding something back about the two stores you mentioned at the end. Be HONEST - HOW DO YOU REALLY FEEL! ;) 8)

I just can't pass up an opportunity to make a joke.

Seriously though, I've got a Lowe's about 3 miles up the street and a couple of Home Depots within 10 miles. Both stores are adequate if I know EXACTLY what I want and need to pick it up quick.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby asianflava » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:33 pm

TomS wrote:
toypusher wrote:I'm sure that you are holding something back about the two stores you mentioned at the end. Be HONEST - HOW DO YOU REALLY FEEL! ;) 8)

I just can't pass up an opportunity to make a joke.

Seriously though, I've got a Lowe's about 3 miles up the street and a couple of Home Depots within 10 miles. Both stores are adequate if I know EXACTLY what I want and need to pick it up quick.

I know what you mean, when I have to go to a foreign Lowes or Depot, I'm lost. Sometimes I have to ask for help so that I can find what I'm looking for.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby emiller » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:23 pm

8) I agree Rockler rocks.
emiller
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers