Little Guy 6'-wide teardrop

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Inspiration

Postby Digger403 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi Hiker Chick...

I have been admiring your 6' Wide and the way you have been outfitting it for the past year or so. I finally managed to save up enough to order one for myself, and it should be in my driveway in a couple weeks. I was fortunate to be able to piggy back my shipment on a truck that was coming out to the Northwest with some room on it.

Your pictures have been an inspiration that kept me coming back to the Little Guy brand although I wandered through a lot of alternative options over the past couple years. I am certain I will be pleased with the 6' Wide because I am a tent camper at heart and the Teardrop will add so many options for my future outings.

I will enjoy posting about my travels beginning the first week of next month, and I hope my pictures and posts are half as delightful as yours have been.

Thanks for sharing...hope to see you in the Pacific Northwest sometime in the not-so-far future.

Digger
The promise of tomorrow is another campfire and a new trail to explore.
Digger403
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Congrats, Digger, on your new teardrop!

How exciting to be kicking off the 2010 camping season with a new one.

What are the particulars on the one you bought? And do you have specific plans for mods, yet?

What's your tow vehicle?

Breaks my heart to miss another camping season in the PNW. Will look forward to your teardrop pics and trip accounts.

:thumbsup: :applause:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Digger403 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Hiker Chick...

Sorry it took so long to respond...

My tow vehicle is a 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO. I have a canopy on the back for my canine companion (she likes camping, but hates getting there).

I haven't seen my 6' wide yet, but expect it to be here within three days. The truck it is riding on has a water pump issue, and is sitting in a shop about four hours from my driveway.

I don't know about mods yet. I bought a 63 quart Edgestar refrigerator/freezer that will have to fit in the galley...so that is where I will start modifying. I have never been inside the 6' wide so I am not sure what mods will be appropriate in the sleeping area. I really like some of the things you have incorporated into yours, and will probably use some similar camp storage.

I haven't posted much because I spend most days staring out the window...waiting for the truck to show up. Once that happens, there will be lots of pictures and trip reports. I live on the Kitsap Peninsula, but have property between Tonasket and Republic in Eastern Washington where I love to camp.

I hope to get my first trip in soon!

Digger
Digger403
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jason and Amanda » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:16 pm

I really like your thermometer and humidity gauges. I tried to find them on LL Bean's website tonight to no avail. Any idea where I might could get one of those these days? They'd go great in my LG SS.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby hiker chick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Digger403 wrote:I haven't posted much because I spend most days staring out the window...waiting for the truck to show up.
Digger

Awwwww! That's just sad -- waiting patiently for the teardrop to land.

You're going to have a great year after it does.

:)

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Jason and Amanda wrote:I really like your thermometer and humidity gauges. I tried to find them on LL Bean's website tonight to no avail. Any idea where I might could get one of those these days? They'd go great in my LG SS.

Here's the manufacturer's website. You can buy direct but their prices look steep compared to what I paid so I'd shop around.

http://www.weems-plath.com/ccb-landing-page.html

I just noticed that they have a sleek new product which combines temp and humidity:

http://www.weems-plath.com/store/produc ... 3&rel=4194

Amazon has a nice selection of the brand, at a better price and with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... er&x=0&y=0

I've been wanting a barometer and see their selection of those has expanded. Hmmm.... this could be a costly post.

:)

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jason and Amanda » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks. Those things are 6" around and more than 1" deep? I didn't realize that.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby hiker chick » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Jason and Amanda wrote:Thanks. Those things are 6" around and more than 1" deep? I didn't realize that.

The teardrop is in storage so I can't check. 6" diameter sounds right. I think the backs of them are concave and might be 1" at the center.

I put extra nuts on each screw so they wouldn't be too deep.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat May 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Just back from our first camp of 2010. Hadn't seen the teardrop since November (it's kept in storage near the mountains). Just needed to add 7 psi to the tires and we were good to go (3 more cheers for "Damp Rid"). Gave so many tours I need to ask Little Guy for more brochures.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Spent an hour or so at camp taking everything out of the teardrop, swept and inspected the wood for any signs of dampness (none). Permanently removed the heavy mats I'd put down on the floor beneath the mattresses. Whatever their utility might have been, the weight isn't worth it.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat May 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Gratuitous Gidg-pics. Gidget (aka: The Albino Bear) had a blast and is sleeping it off now. In the photos with the water fountain, she'd just seen a chipmunk disappear from the top of it, the fountain is riddled with gaps in the stone but Gidget was bound and determined to catch it. In the last pic no sooner had she jumped in the official camp buggy than she was drunk with power and barking orders.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Great Pics

Postby Digger403 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Great pictures once again, Hiker Chick.

It looks like your first trip out this year was a good one.

My six wide has been here for a few weeks now, and I am slowly getting it ready for its first outing. I have picked up a small Honda generator, a Zodi hot shower unit, and the Edgestar Fridge/Freezer that won't quite fit in the galley area unless I modify the structure. I still want to pick up a good air compressor to pack along for the eventual low tire, but I am pretty much set to go.

I mounted a medium size truck box right behind the battery box so I still have the removeable rack area to use for carrying things like firewood, and I can put tools and other small things in the truck box.

I should have a slew of trips and a lot of pictures posted by now but things just haven't been working out that way so far. Some things are just better when you have to wait for them...I guess.

I look forward to your future posts.

Digger
Digger403
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat May 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Ahhh... Hiker Chick? I'm a cyclist... love all kinds of bikes and thought I've seen them all.... but what the hell is that on the back of your tear???

Looking for a battery pack thinking it might be electric but can't see one. Looking for mounting locations for seat, etc.... ?? Scooter maybe?? Please, do tell.

Scott G.

Ps. More priceless pics of the Gidg. :applause:

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat May 22, 2010 10:50 pm

My goodness, Digger, you've been productive! Here I was patting myself on the back for sweeping mine.

Scott -- that scooter is powered-by-Gidget. The brand is Blauwerk and the model is "The Willy." Gidget's been pulling it since she was 18 months old (not supposed to start them any younger). It's cool enough on the mountain that she can scooter or bikejor year-around there:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Gidgmom/videos/1/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Gidgmom/videos/3/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Gidgmom/videos/4/

If I could train a squirrel, chipmunk or deer to run in front of Gidget then we'd smoke 'em all at the Kentucky Derby.

As you'll see in the video, Gidget likes to nearly scrape things when she runs -- light poles, benches, strollers....

http://www.blauwerk.com/english/willy.htm

A friend has the 26" wheel version. The Willy is 20" -- considered best for cornering.

www.dogscooter.com

:lol:

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat May 22, 2010 11:29 pm

:shock: THAT is too cool. :applause:

I saw this video a long time ago when I was interested in the camera mount that you got for your bike, but I just assumed you were on your white mountain bike often pictured on the back of your tear.

Wow. So is it mostly instinct for that breed to want to pull "sled-like"? Gidg seems like she just can't wait for the light and your command to get going. :lol:

And when she's pulling like that, is she somehow knowingly in a work mode and not distracted with sniffing every tree, etc.?

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers