Little Guy 6'-wide teardrop

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby thefirebuilds » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:43 pm

I thought to myself "man, she stops every 20 mins to take pics of her trailer."

then i remembered "doggy potty time"

ohhhhh...

You've got a hell of a following now... I think the gidg needs a pic on the outside to help easily identify you to all :)

(BTW, look at my join date, I swear I didn't stalk you here from ZS, LOL)
BTDTRacing.com - World Champion Miata Parts sales. (Now in HD!)
thefirebuilds
Teardrop Builder

Postby mjg444 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Great pictures Hiker Chick - as always. That's some pretty country up there. I was visiting a friend in DC in March and have been there before but of course we don't go places like that! Next time.

Also love how your rig and trailer match and then there is Gidget - nice and white so you can find her with all the green! That way she gets noticed, she's a cutie.

Michele
mjg444
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hiker chick » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 pm

thefirebuilds wrote:(BTW, look at my join date, I swear I didn't stalk you here from ZS, LOL)

I've run into quite a few peops on a few forums. One interest tends to lead to another and another and another....

Before you know it you've got 700 pounds of cast iron Dutch Ovens, a Bark River collection and three cases of duct tape.

:lol:
Last edited by hiker chick on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 pm

mjg444 wrote:Great pictures Hiker Chick - as always. That's some pretty country up there. I was visiting a friend in DC in March and have been there before but of course we don't go places like that! Next time.

Also love how your rig and trailer match and then there is Gidget - nice and white so you can find her with all the green! That way she gets noticed, she's a cutie.

Michele

Thanks, Michele. The teardrop and Gidg surely are photogenic.

Being from the Pacific Northwest, Shenandoah National Park would not impress you. The dead and dying swaths of forest might impress you, but not in a good way. However, Skyline Drive-Blue Ridge Parkway is a must-do someday. Hwy 101 in the sky.

:)

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby eaglesdare » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am

great pics hiker chick! love the bear ones, you have the luck with seeing those bears. although i think this year was the first year i did not see any myself.

gidg is beautiful!
Louella
May the foam be with you.
eaglesdare
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 am

Hi, Hicker Chick:

Thanks for sharing your trip pics. The bear pics are really good as are the pics in the fog. ...All are good and fun to see.

Thanks again! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Oasis Maker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 am

Being from the Pacific Northwest, Shenandoah National Park would not impress you.

Hi Hiker Chick, I've noticed quite a few references to your Pacific Northwest roots with quite the longing to return one day. When do you think Gidget and your teardrop will actually get to see the Pacific for the first time? Nothing quite like pulling your teardrop along Highway 1.

Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mjg444 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:33 am

Hiker Chick:

Yes we do have more impressive forests here in the Pacific NW as you know, but those over there look so different than here it makes it interesting.

As Scott G said above - you need to bring your teardrop and Gidget for a visit back here!

Michele
mjg444
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hiker chick » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:09 pm

mjg444 wrote:Hiker Chick:

Yes we do have more impressive forests here in the Pacific NW as you know, but those over there look so different than here it makes it interesting.

As Scott G said above - you need to bring your teardrop and Gidget for a visit back here!

Michele

I'm dying to move back to the PNW. The Great Recession interfered....

It's fascinating how the forest changes just staying on Skyline Drive-BRP. The road is much higher in North Carolina through the Smokies with a completely different mix of trees and fauna. I much prefer the Smokies (except I don't think any of the Smoky Mt NP campgrounds have showers -- which is a must for me)

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:41 pm

A few more pics from our most recent trip. This was the first time arriving after dark. Never is an RV, of any size, more enjoyable than when it saves the trouble of setting up a tent in the dark, or rain.

[/img]

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Some remarkably agile critters and one remarkably vocal one:

:)

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Great pictures, as usual! You certainly do find some beautiful and interesting places to camp. Reading your note, the last comment was about a vocal creature and the last picture was of your 'perfect pooch'. I laughed at that. So, the gidg is doing her 'job' and getting vocal, huh?! Ha!Ha! Loved the pic of the deer focused between the dog's ears. It's amazing that those branches hold those bear cubs without breaking.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby hiker chick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi, Sharon.

Oh yes, Gidget can be quite vocal. And at a surprisingly high pitch.

She had much to say to that bear, who fortunately was not interested.

:lol:

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby WesGrimes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:54 pm

hiker chick wrote:Image

That is an amazing picture. I love it!
WesGrimes
Teardrop Master

Postby hiker chick » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks, Wes. You may like this one below even better, it's from 2008. This guy was so inquisitive he was making me nervous so I pulled Gidget back after this photo.

This past trip will also be remembered by me for The Photo Not Taken. We hadn't gotten out of the teardrop yet one morning and Gidget was laying at one of the windows with her nose pressed to the screen. I was watching her thinking about getting up when suddenly the entire window filled with antlers. No face, just antlers. Touching the glass.

Was so startling it made me gasp. I feared Gidget would pounce on the window. My camera was a reach away but I was mesmerized and decided to skip the pic and let the scene unfold. The buck's face came into view and he sniffed Gidget through the screen. Gidget did not move or make a sound through all of this. I said to the buck that he could move on along now and he slowly did. His big body slowly gliding past the window. I recognized the buck, he's been there all summer and has the biggest rack of the herd that hangs around there.

Many of the deer, old and young, seem fascinated with Gidget. I wonder if it's familiarity because we are up there quite often or if they are curious about the Albino Bear. With this one exception, Gidget is prone to yap at them. Clearly, they don't take her seriously.

After we got out of the teardrop I checked to see if the buck's antlers had scratched the paint. They had not. The fenders must've kept him just far enough away.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers