Little Guy 6'-wide teardrop

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby Ratkity » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 pm

hiker chick wrote:I'm never going to live up to that image.

My boots are brown.

;)

ROFL!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby naptheon » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

hiker chick wrote:I'm never going to live up to that image.

My boots are brown.

;)

I thought they were sandals.

[/img]
naptheon
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ratkity » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Hey HC!

I had a blast in SNP (Shenandoah NP) at spot E197. Sis got there just as soon as it started raining and we got her tent up in record time. Next day was foggy (as you posted before), but cleared to a wonderful day. We had a ton of rain Friday night. Many tenters were in the laundry room trying to dry stuff out on Sat morning.

Couple of young bucks in velvet came to the camp and got the dogs upset. The deer were unphased.

Had a small bear cub run in front of truck after stopping at one of the overlooks. I was going so slow that I was able to stop.

Mary and Bill say "Hello" to you! Nice folks. Everyone was very friendly.

I look forward to going again. I have picts, but they need some lighting edits. Will post a couple as soon as I get time to mess with them.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ETA - pictures

Parked at Overlook

Camp setup with dogs

Sister's tent and RT
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Great that you met Bill and Mary. They are wonderful and among the more extraordinary devotees of Big Meadows.

Those deer are bold. They're probably wondering where Gidget is....

Was it a full camp?

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Archam » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey Hiker /Chick:
Have you considered mounting that tongue box in front of the platform as it was intended. I have the same setup on a used 6W Little Guy, that I moved the box forward to allow for use of the platform for coolers, bikes, etc. as intended. :thumbsup:
Works great, will send you a picture if I can fiqure out how.
Arch
Archam
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ratkity » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 pm

HC,

Twas a full camp with a couple of one night empties. There were some teenage girls squealing and singing at one of the D group sites on Saturday night. They finally settled down around 11:30pm. They were loud enough that I knew they were singing Jonas Brother's stuff.

Lots of motorcycles of all types. There were some nutty cyclists going up those horrid hills on Skyland drive on Saturday. I saw another Little Guy 5 wide being towed thru the camp. I think they were looking for a First-come-first-serve site (those were all occupied). There was also an interesting Casita trailer there.

The dogs were good and only barked at deer and other dogs. It was nice not to have them bark when people walked by, but they alerted when someone came into the site to get an RT tour. This was the dogs' 2nd camping trip. Buffy still has anxiety when I walk off without her to go to the potty. I'm working on that with her.

I loved talking to Bill and Mary. Bill's beloved 18 yr old kitty died last week and we talked about our mutual sadness as my evil Ratrat died 3 weeks ago. The goldens put on their most cute faces and were petting whores. Both made both Bill and Mary forget about animals past.

The deer were beyond bold and I thought one was going to goose my sister as she made egg blobs (our fav breakfast) at the picnic table on Sunday morning. LOL.

A fun time was had by all! Of course, I'm going back.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Archam wrote:Hey Hiker /Chick:
Have you considered mounting that tongue box in front of the platform as it was intended. I have the same setup on a used 6W Little Guy, that I moved the box forward to allow for use of the platform for coolers, bikes, etc. as intended. :thumbsup:
Works great, will send you a picture if I can fiqure out how.
Arch

Hi Archam,

I had not considered doing that. My Honda Element doesn't need any more tongue weight dragging down the rear. If I get a more capable tow vehicle someday that would be a wise plan.

Would like to see pics of your LG. There's a "help with photos" button at the top of this website.

:)

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:53 am

Archam - here are your pics. Impressive mods, I've never seen a/c done like that. Love the camo, I seriously considered going with that before deciding on paint.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

6 wide fully loaded

Postby lenny357 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:55 am

I'm looking at a 6 wide little guy, 16 inch plat form etc etc
Took the wife and kid and we fit very nice, I want the a/c also...I also requested to see if I could have an interior up grade, the white is just not me, hope they can do it. I was looking at the Camp Inn's but at $21,000 I just can't do it. These little guys seem to be built very well for the $$, allot better than the campers I looked at forsure.

Have you all heard of any problems? Is their a better brand that I'm missing? I'm new to tears not camping :?
lenny357
Teardrop Inspector

Postby deceiver » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:37 pm

I have one 2006 sport model. I bought it used and it had some minor leaking issues which I easily cured. Love the thing. As I understand it they solve those problems after that. The company is quick to reply and gives the impression of personal service when I've dealt with them and I'm the second owner of this thing. I rebuilt the cabinetry on the inside with oak. It didn't need it but I wanted to customize it myself.

On another note. At a recent tear gathering we got the chance to see some t@b trailers with a used one for sale for 5,000. Google them. They aren't being made anymore but if I hadn't recently bought and remodeled my little guy I might have bought it. Very, very nice units. A tear but lightweight and stand up with full kitchen, bed, table, and such. Very cool little units.
Conform and be dull.
deceiver
The 300 Club

Postby GlamperGirl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 pm

We bought a 2006 LG 5 wide (used) this spring. I had emailed the authorized dealer for ontario asking some questions about ordering accessories. About 10 minutes after sending the email I got a phone call from Joe (I think) at Little Guy. He checks all incoming emails and gets back to people. I was amazed at the level of service, so I would say that they do care about their product and they want their customers to be happy :thumbsup:
"Not all who wander are lost."
J.R.R. Tolkien
GlamperGirl
Teardrop Advisor

Postby traildemon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 am

hey HC,

always nice to see gratuitous gidget pics... and i see you have a few more puppies now. :)

i really like the photo of your inflatable boat. would be great for fishing.
what do you think of it? is it heavy?
where did you get it, and if you don't mind, what did you pay for it?

good seeing you anline again
al
peace
:peace:
al
traildemon
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bobhenry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 am

GlamperGirl wrote:We bought a 2006 LG 5 wide (used) this spring. I had emailed the authorized dealer for ontario asking some questions about ordering accessories. About 10 minutes after sending the email I got a phone call from Joe (I think) at Little Guy. He checks all incoming emails and gets back to people. I was amazed at the level of service, so I would say that they do care about their product and they want their customers to be happy :thumbsup:

Any smart company will provide an outstanding level of service to rectify those small headache production problems that will come up.

I was reading just yesterday John Serro had two technicians at the ready each time there was a gathering at Scottyland ( a private campgroungs for Serro scotty owners) . These guys would find out about and fix any problem on the spot free gratis. Copious notes were taken and many of the problems were used to change production methods to eliminate the cause of the aggrivation. That's smart marketing.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby hiker chick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

traildemon wrote:hey HC,

always nice to see gratuitous gidget pics... and i see you have a few more puppies now. :)

i really like the photo of your inflatable boat. would be great for fishing.
what do you think of it? is it heavy?
where did you get it, and if you don't mind, what did you pay for it?

good seeing you anline again
al

Well dang - I paid $350 for the newest one in July (the best deal at the time) and now the same seller on Amazon has it for $305!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sevylor-Inflatabl ... 338&sr=8-1

I have Amazon Prime so didn't have to pay for shipping.

The seller had it to me in two days.

Highly recommend. I think it weighs about 30 pounds. I fold it in thirds and it goes back in the carry bag.

:thumbsup:

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby warbird » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 am

Hey Hiker Chick, Greetings from the UK! Iv'e loved this thread & read all the pages, fantastic area you visit too, I'm not too much of a doggy person but yours I'd be happy to meet, she looks great company. (I'm more into cats!!)
I have a Little Guy Deluxe, the first one to be imported into the UK back in 2005 & I have the custom made 10x10 awning made by Paha Que which is briliant as it goes up very quickly. the little guy has had a few water issues around the rear hatch which I hope I've now fixed.
I use the LG mostly at American car weekends when its towed with my custom Chevrolet Astro day van & the LG always has a crowd around it with folk amazed how much room there is inside! The galley area I have themed on an American Diner with mirrored perspex (plastic) & some coloured lighting to add to the theme.
Keep the great pictures coming too!
Cheers
Geoff
Bristol, UK
Its not always true that size matters!
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers