Little Guy 6'-wide teardrop

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby hiker chick » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 am

warbird wrote:Hey Hiker Chick, Greetings from the UK! Iv'e loved this thread & read all the pages, fantastic area you visit too, I'm not too much of a doggy person but yours I'd be happy to meet, she looks great company. (I'm more into cats!!)
I have a Little Guy Deluxe, the first one to be imported into the UK back in 2005 & I have the custom made 10x10 awning made by Paha Que which is briliant as it goes up very quickly. the little guy has had a few water issues around the rear hatch which I hope I've now fixed.
I use the LG mostly at American car weekends when its towed with my custom Chevrolet Astro day van & the LG always has a crowd around it with folk amazed how much room there is inside! The galley area I have themed on an American Diner with mirrored perspex (plastic) & some coloured lighting to add to the theme.
Keep the great pictures coming too!
Cheers
Geoff
Bristol, UK

Hello, Geoff - Welcome to T&TTT!

Your account begs for photos -- especially the Galley diner motif. Love that there are "American car weekends" overseas.

My first car was a '69 Mustang -- that would have been a hit at your gatherings.

We'll be getting a few more trips in this fall.

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby warbird » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks for that HC I'll see what I can do!! (first car a 69 Mustang! nice!! but are you giving a hint to your vintage? ):D
OK, that works! here another.......................

I'm looking for a newer picture of the galley area, when I find it, I'll post it.
Cheers
Geoff
Last edited by warbird on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Its not always true that size matters!
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

Postby warbird » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:26 am

A couple more.................

Image Image

The neon sign has since got broken! bummer!! :cry:

I know the way I have themed the Little Guy is not to everyones taste but It floats my boat & we have great fun at car shows with it, Its a bit small for me & Mrs Woman (Alison, my wife) so when we do shows together we take the big 2 berth caravan, with a loo, hot water, fridge etc.
You will notice that I've changed the rear lights since owning it, they are fitted with LED bulbs, the indicator bulbs are especialy good as the Chevy has the old type bi metal flasher unit which flashes far too fast with the trailer connected with standard bulbs but with LED's the flash rate is the same as running with no trailer!
All the mirror work you can see is mirrored perspex (plastic) so its light & safe! It's what is used in Airliner toilets/restrooms ( I aquired a 8' x 4' sheet from work a few years ago!)
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

warbird wrote:Thanks for that HC I'll see what I can do!! (first car a 69 Mustang! nice!! but are you giving a hint to your vintage? ):D

Ha! I was the third owner....

;)

Thanks for posting those pics -- love your galley!! I hope you've sent those photos to Little Guy (www.golittleguy.com)

:thumbsup:

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby warbird » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 am

hiker chick wrote:Ha! I was the third owner.... ;)

Thanks for posting those pics -- love your galley!! I hope you've sent those photos to Little Guy (www.golittleguy.com)
:thumbsup:

I didn't see much point in sending Little Guy the pictures, I sent them an email sometime ago & still no reply! :roll:

Yesterday I bought a Jetboil!!! :D what a fantastic thing it is, I've also sent off for the pan support unit so I can fry on it too! the cup also pours very well from the drinking slot too!! I had 2 cups worth of water boiling in just over70 seconds fantastic!! thanks for showing it here. :applause:
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

Postby warbird » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:03 am

HC
The jetboil is fantastic, now got the pan support & have ordered the frypan! Got an extra cup too so I can share!! :thumbsup:
I've just spent a happy 1/2 hour looking through you doggy pics, as you know I'm not really a dog person but your dog always looks so happy in them (my cats also like the pics & want to know if they can come & play in the snow! last time we had snow they went ballistic!)
G
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Congrats on the JetBoil -- they really are money well spent.

On the opposite end of the tech spectrum, are you familiar with the Kelly Kettle (made in Ireland), Thermette (used to be made in New Zealand, now made in China) and Eydon Kettles (made in England)?

Evidently these are quite popular in your neck of the woods among peops who hang out in the woods -- canoeing, fishing, etc.

I have a Kelly Kettle (aluminum) and Thermette (copper) and just yesterday ordered a stainless steel Kelly Kettle.

More of a preparedness appeal with me but kind of neat for car camping, too. The only fuel these need is twigs or even animal dung. They boil water surprisingly quick but not nearly as fast as the JetBoil.

http://www.kellykettle.com/

http://www.eydonkettle.com/

http://www.thermette.com/

And yes, Gidget is always a happy puppy -- except when we visit her vet.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby old_man » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:35 am

Can anybody tell me the manufacturer on the door on this trailer? I would like to use it on mine.
old_man
Teardrop Inspector

Postby warbird » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:09 am

Have a word with 'Little Guy' as they make it.
Hope this helps
Geoff
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 am

old_man wrote:Can anybody tell me the manufacturer on the door on this trailer? I would like to use it on mine.

I don't, thanks.

There was someone trying to sell a home-built teardrop recently in the For Sale section who was challenged on his contention that the doors -- which are obviously the Little Guy doors -- were "custom." He was very gracious about it.

So he has the source for the doors and might be willing to share that information with you. Here's the link to that thread:

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41393

Good luck!

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby arthuruscg » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:28 pm

I find it very interesting that there are very few used 6wide little guys for sale.

Do they not sell as well as the 5wides or do the 6wide owners find they have the perfect size and don't need to move up to a bigger trailer?

I have been searching craigs list and ebay for a 6wide, without the atv platform in the mid Alantic area (MD) and have not no luck.
arthuruscg
Teardrop Builder

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm

arthuruscg wrote:I find it very interesting that there are very few used 6wide little guys for sale.

Do they not sell as well as the 5wides or do the 6wide owners find they have the perfect size and don't need to move up to a bigger trailer?

I have been searching craigs list and ebay for a 6wide, without the atv platform in the mid Alantic area (MD) and have not no luck.

Because no one wants to get rid of them. 4' are always up for sale and a few 5' every once in awhile but no 6'. Too roomy to get rid of.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:15 pm

arthuruscg wrote:I find it very interesting that there are very few used 6wide little guys for sale.

I have no idea. Would be curious what the volume of sales is for 5-wides and 6-wides. LG is still selling 6-wides so apparently there are enough buyers to warrant continued manufacture.

Truth is you just don't see many teardrops in this region, period. I can count on one hand how many I've seen in the past five years -- all of them at Shenandoah National Park and all but one people who are on (or lurking) T&TTT.

Are there any LG dealers in Maryland?

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby arthuruscg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:39 am

There are none in MD. Unfortunately with having the new baby and the necessary home improvement to do, I can't afford a new 6wide.
arthuruscg
Teardrop Builder

Postby hiker chick » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:53 pm

arthuruscg wrote:There are none in MD. Unfortunately with having the new baby and the necessary home improvement to do, I can't afford a new 6wide.

Paint your subie Galapagos Green Metallic and mine would match perfectly!

Have you looked much in Virginia, PA and WV? PA seems to have a heavy concentration of RVs generally.

There is/was a dealer in Fredericksburg, VA. and the Gander Mountain stores in VA carried them for awhile.

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers