Wazat Modification

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Wazat Modification

Postby Wimperdink » Mon May 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Well I couldnt leave well enough alone. I needed to modify something. I just havent figured out yet how I want to modify the galley so I started with what was a shelf above the pillows. I built a cabinet to store whatever without it falling on the bed during travel. I do not yet have a stereo built in, but I figured I'd at least pop in some speakers I had laying around so they would be there when I put in the tunes. Had to build some beauty rings around the speakers to hide the mounting trim as I didnt have anything to fit. After I built the cabinet though I see now that my roof wasnt perfectly flat. :o

I'll eventually mount a 12V reading lamp between the speakers that can be aimed where needed since I always stay up later than she.

Two pics of the same thing... One with flash doesnt show depth... without flash was too dark, so here's both.

Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Tue May 20, 2008 6:15 am

They are just begging to be modified.

Nice work on the speakers!

:)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Interior of Wazat

Postby Tiny Tow » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Ours had a shelf built in with two holes underneath for storage. Did you take that out? Or did yours come without it? Does that door drop down to make a shelf? Looks really great!
Tiny Tow
Donating Member

Storage cover.

Postby Tiny Tow » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:25 pm

OK- I can tell what you did. You still have the storage area behind the couch back, and added storage above it to the ceiling. Great idea.

My brother made this for us to cover the storage area.

http://tnttt.com/album_ ... c_id=49089
Tiny Tow
Donating Member

Postby Wimperdink » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:47 pm

yes I actually hinged it from the top because I didn't want it dropping down during travel or on our heads. :) I like those covers down below too, but I'm tall enough that when I sleep with an arm under my head my hands go up into those cubby holes. I shove my pillows in there if I'm going to be inside for more than a few minutes. Otherwise they just hold a few small things and my stereo.

Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Douglash » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:00 pm

How did you attach this to the interior of your Wazat?
Douglash
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers