If you wanted, could you

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

If you wanted, could you

Postby houtsdg » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:57 pm

OK, my last post got me thinking as someone said to "get the kids a teardrop of thier own." Has anyone ever put a receiver on the back of one of the LIttle Guys and pulled them tandem? Would thier frame be up to it? Here is my analysis.

1. In today's nearing five dollar gas climate, too expensive to drive 2 vehicles.
2. Should pull great with the rubber torsion axles if sway bars were added.
3. Could easily be pulled tandem by a lot of vehicles (weight-wise).
4. Problem, many states don't allow tandem trailers pulling on 2-balls.

Just a question and some thoughts!
houtsdg
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Little Guy put a receiver on mine but I haven't pulled anything with it and would have no desire to or confidence in it. Mine's intended for a bike rack or the recently purchased cargo carrier.

Having grown up camping with a 1968 VW pop-top camper van with attaching side tent, my inclination would be to further pursue the attached tent option.

The "SUV tents" you can buy might have a big enough tunnel to attach to the side of a teardrop or could perhaps be modified to fit. There are some (Napier Sportz brand) that are 10'x10' and run about $200 and would also double as a changing room and living room.

For added comfort in the tent, for those who prefer to sleep off the ground, Cabela's sells some really nice cots.
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Boodro » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:51 am

Ya mean kinda like this???? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

these were custom built , but you should be able to do it . :applause:

They were pulled in tandem , I just missed the pic. :x
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers