Custom Foam and Upholstery

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Custom Foam and Upholstery

Postby Doug » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:35 am

First of all, I'm not endorsing this company but I was sitting here with the laptop this morning and a commercial for this St. Louis business came on. I bookmarked it and thought I would share it. If anyone contacts them, would be interested in feedback:

Custom Foam Fabricators
9223 Olive Blvd.
Olivette, MO 63132
(314) 994-0056
Doug
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DestinDave » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:16 am

Doug.. Just e-mailed them for a price quote on a memory-foam matress. Will see how prices are, and their response time. They are located just a couple blocks from my photofinishing lab so I'm in the area often. Thanks for the lead.
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Doug » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:09 pm

You are welcome, Dave.

When you get started, let me know and maybe I could give you a hand :applause: . . . no, not that kind of hand. I'm just across the river about 10 mi. south of the JB Bridge. About a 50 minute drive.

Pretty familiar with your area. I have two brothers that live in the area. One just off 94 and the other just off K. They and their wives own Los Ninos Pre-School and Childcare across from the new CITI building.

We are also big fans of the Destin area but we are those darned RENTERS, lol. Actually, one of the wonderful things about Destin is that they welcome the tourists and treat them kindly.

We have stayed at the Seafarer Condominiums about 5 or 6 times over the last 12 years. (At the end of the strip across the street from "The Track") It's been a while and we need to get back down there. Absolutely love it and have often thought of retiring there some day but my wife really enjoys the four seasons up here and, honestly, so do I.

Anyway, I hope to start our teardrop in the next month or so, whenever my lovely wife tells me to. Can't wait.

I was going to apologize for hijacking this thread and then realized it was my thread anyway, lol.
Doug
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:20 pm

...you might wish to get a competing price from http://knoxfoam.com/ just a thought
madjack 8)

p.s. if you do, let us al know the difference in the two prices
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby DestinDave » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:07 am

About 250$$ for a 4" thick piece of memory foam 46-1/2x76... Pretty pricey stuff.. Gonna check with my brother-in-law who has run an upholstery business for years. He probably has several good ideas and options. I looked at Knox foam a while back and if I remember correctly it was in the same price range. More than I want to spend for a mattress.
Bad back and all... That's why God invented Percocet..... :lol:
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Doug » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:35 am

:shock:
Doug
Teardrop Advisor

Postby DestinDave » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:30 am

:shock: Zackly... Appreciate the offer of a hand Doug.. Will probably take you up on it. Have you completed/started a tear yet? Would like to see what you have.
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Doug » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:57 am

:lol:

Nope, blind leading the blind !!! Have you purchased plans? Since we want to be able to pull this with our Ford Focus, weight is going to be a key issue on this one. Focus is only rated to pull 1,000 lbs.

We are buying the plans for the Kuffel Cubby. (Actually, I'm buying both sets of plans to have available)

I was going to start last weekend but my wife asked me to hold off just a bit 'til we wrap up a few other things.

I'm like a shotgun . . a hundred things in a hundred directions, lol. We're in the middle of painting our house, putting up trim in the house. I'm always in the middle of working on my Jeep Wrangler and now I have a Jeep CJ5 project I'm working on.

Actually, though, I look back over what we accomplish each year and there's always good progress!
Doug
Teardrop Advisor

Postby SteveH » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:11 pm

On the mattress subject, I bought a 4" foam piece with cover from Knox foam and thought it was too hard. So....went to Overstock.com and bought a 1 1/4" memory foam piec and added it to the regular 4" foam mattress, and it is going to be good. The memory foam from overstock was on $39.95. ;)
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby DestinDave » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:00 am

I wondered about that Steve.. using one piece of "firm" on the bottom to act as a spring set and a less firm piece on top for a comfortable sleep. How has that worked for you? I do have back problems so I'm gonna have to be picky about this come the time.......
Reality? What a concept!
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby alffink » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 pm

Haven't recieved my foam yet, but I am having this vendor custom cut for my Cubby 45"X72" two pieces of foam, 1) 1" thick Firm and 2) 4" thick memory foam for both pieces with shipping to So.Cal from Florida, $165.00 should have it in hand this weekend or early next week.

If you'd like to check them out...go to http://www.foamproducts.net/index

Al
alffink
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers