Silver Tears Campers in Roanoke, VA

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Silver Tears Campers in Roanoke, VA

Postby Tom A. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey Folks, check out our website http://SilverTearsCampers.com (still under construction, but working) If you are using dial-up, wait for the pictures to load.

My buddy & I started manufacturing a custom Woody and other models. I think you'll be surprised! We are furniture and cabinetmakers by trade and have a love for the greater out-doors and decided to apply our talents to teardrops. We would appreciate any input from the tear community.
Tom A.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bg » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:08 am

Good looking website, but I do have a suggestion. Lose the background image, or find a much smaller image. Should be able to cut your load time into a fraction of what it currently is. Should make your page much more friendly to dial-up users.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby hiker chick » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:23 am

Impressive teardrops and great looking website (It would not suffer for losing that background image if it would help dial-up users).

Best wishes on your business venture.

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tom A. » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks guys, I'll pass it on to our web people. If there is anything else you can recommend, speak up. All feadback is helpful at this point. We are new and we're trying different ideas for several models
Tom A.
Teardrop Inspector

plans

Postby 544man » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Tom A. wrote:Thanks guys, I'll pass it on to our web people. If there is anything else you can recommend, speak up. All feadback is helpful at this point. We are new and we're trying different ideas for several models

hi--i plan on calling you soon--i'd ;love to see pics of your 5x10 version and dialouge with you on your materials and building technique. it looks like you'r using some fine straight grained mahogany--can you get that in 10' lengths? or are you using other plys for your bigger trailers? and the wood working is stellar. regards--ted
544man
Teardrop Inspector

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:13 pm

That is a beautiful trailer :thumbsup: great detail work. just so we have a refrence point What would be the price of the trailer on your website?
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Great Logo!!! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby gianine » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:41 pm

really beautiful ! Are all of your models going to be woodies - or will you have some all metal covered tears?
gianine
Teardrop Builder

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:58 pm

cherokeegeorge wrote:That is a beautiful trailer :thumbsup: great detail work. just so we have a refrence point What would be the price of the trailer on your website?

There was an article on NPR this AM with them and I believe the price range that was mentioned was $12,500 to around $19,000 fully loaded. I may have heard the #'s wrong.

Andrea
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Postby wanders » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Mark & Andrea Jones wrote:
cherokeegeorge wrote:That is a beautiful trailer :thumbsup: great detail work. just so we have a refrence point What would be the price of the trailer on your website?

There was an article on NPR this AM with them and I believe the price range that was mentioned was $12,500 to around $19,000 fully loaded. I may have heard the #'s wrong.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

I heard it too, and you have the right info.

Wally
Wally & Cathi

Director- Old Dominion Tearjerkers

Pied-A-"Tear"

wanders
Teardrop Master

Pricing

Postby Tom A. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:35 pm

:) Hey folks sorry for not replying to anyone's questions. I had changed my email account a month ago and forgot to change it here.

Yes you heard correctly, the pricing is $12500-$19000 +/-. But for your money there's absolutely NO compromises in quality. Period.

We are getting really close to finishing our 5x10 all aluminum design, and a complete kit (including aluminum frame) thats flat packed and shipped (estimated around $6K). I'll let all know when they are ready. Thanks for your questions folks. Tom
Tom A.
Teardrop Inspector

Re: plans

Postby Tom A. » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:18 am

544man wrote:
Tom A. wrote:Thanks guys, I'll pass it on to our web people. If there is anything else you can recommend, speak up. All feadback is helpful at this point. We are new and we're trying different ideas for several models

hi--i plan on calling you soon--i'd ;love to see pics of your 5x10 version and dialouge with you on your materials and building technique. it looks like you'r using some fine straight grained mahogany--can you get that in 10' lengths? or are you using other plys for your bigger trailers? and the wood working is stellar. regards--ted

Hey Ted, I'll post some pics as soon as we can get it together. As far as getting 10' material its nearly impossible unless you order a truck load, not to mention the cost is about 4-5 times more for a 5 x10 than a 4x8 sheet. we're just engineering the material dimensions into the scheme of it all. We are using 3/4 materials for the sides of all our trailers, we just don't see the need to go less or insulate the side walls. Besides 3/4 inch probably has a fair r-value. By the way, the mahogany is a ribbon cut sapele on the outside and rotary cut on the inside, not your typical mahogany. Thanks
Tom A.
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers