NEWS!!!!!

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

NEWS!!!!!

Postby TWO-CANS » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:50 pm

In a short while a new name will apeear on the forum. I have been going by the name Shenandoah but with a this we have changed it to our new company name. We have a registered name for our new tear drop company and my name will be TWO-CANS
Our logo a toucan naturally! In the next few weeks you'll have some postings of our progress and as I set my tear in design construction teasers----
I have known about tears since the sixties but never really look inot it deeply but seeing where tears stand now its time for me to set this thing in action. Thanks to all of you whose postings I have read very informative hope to meet you one day !!!! TWO-CANS !!!
TWO-CANS
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:36 pm

Two-Can, congratulations on the new company. You better start posting some pictures of your work real soon. :thumbsup:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:51 pm

Well Two-Can... when can we see your offering and your price?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Tears

Postby TWO-CANS » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:59 pm

Still using Shenandoah it takes awhile to get the names changed but Mikes working on it! The first tear will be in production in a week maybe two, ordering steel next week along with axles. Looks like the first will be Ken-Skil design. I have three designs I am working on now, two the classic teardrop designs and the second design a BenRoy style. As I work in wood and metal you'll see combinations wood and metal, woodies and aluminum. Prices will be in the park as the rest of the builders, the competition will benefit the people looking for tears. As I live in the Valley here in Virginia these tears will be weekending through out the Blue Ridge and WVA. I have offered a camping area just out of town for the North South meeting Tearjerkers have been discussing and we have a vintage trailer group coming into town in May I believe. The shop will open when theres any one in the area wanting to see whats going on and as the construction proceeds photos will go out. With the photos the handbills like everyone else. Anyone coming through the area that is into flyfishing I am the local Trout Unlimited President and can direct you to the trout streams. Jim
TWO-CANS
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Tears

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:20 pm

BTW Jim,

I had you all set up for your new name early this afternoon. Check out your PM! 8)

Mike...

Shenandoah wrote:Still using Shenandoah it takes awhile to get the names changed but Mikes working on it!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

New name

Postby TWO-CANS » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:12 pm

All is set Mike Thanks! Jim
TWO-CANS
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cary Winch » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:50 pm

Jim,

That is cool. When you guys get a webpage up let us know, we will link you up on our website.

First rule of building teardrops, keep it fun.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Camp Inn

Postby TWO-CANS » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:13 am

Thanks Cary !! You bet and the offer for the link would be mutual I'll do yours. I do have to say though I am very impressed with your company and product. Great looking tears! I hear your booked well into the latter part of the year. Great! To be honest I looked extensivley at everything out there and saw some nice tears, saw a good customer base, some good products, some good competition and a future in this for everyone considering the geographical locations. For the time being you'll see some basic units coming out of my shop and then with the first I build thats NOT ordered more in the line of a designer ( for lack of a better description)tear like Steve's doing for Mike. His exterior design is great I like the two species ply design he incorporated. Jim
TWO-CANS
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Cary Winch » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:13 pm

Jim,

Thanks for the compliments. It was only a few years ago I remember saying and doing exactly the same things you are. So, you are on the right path I believe. None of us are real big and the market is pretty untapped yet. Pretty much all the builders have their strong points and things they do different. We all can't do every type of design, that would be crazy.

So, work on something unique and that will make you stand out. I think you are already planning to do that it sounds like.

Don't grow too fast either (see the first rule again), make them at a pace that you are comfortable with. Hence the backlog we have, which is out past the end of the year now. And we have increased production 250-300% in the last year or so.

Cary
Cary Winch
Teardrop Manufacturer

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers