Dealing with Southwest Wheel

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Dealing with Southwest Wheel

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Just wondering how things have went with other members when ordering from Southwest Wheel.
I ordered my Flexiride torsion axle last week.
Gave them my bank card # and fax #.
They were going to fax me a reciept with prepaid freight.
I haven't heard anything back from them.
Checked with my bank, no transaction as of yet.
I'm not being impatient, but bank card transactions are usually almost instantaneous... :thinking:

Postby DestinDave » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:11 am

Dean... did SW give you an order number? So you could track your order?
Maybe the guy at the other end wrote all the info down on paper and forgot to enter the order later.
Or if the order was entered in their computer system, it just dropped into the "bit bucket" for some reason or other.
It really irks me to deal with someone who doesn't treat me like the most important customer. I know I'm not, but that's what customer service is all about - that warm fuzzy you get knowing you're being taken care of.
I'd call them back... ;)
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:46 am

No,
I didn't get an order #.
I'll need to call them Monday morning and ask what's up.
My problem is I've been so darned busy, it's hard to take time out to even call them.
For some reason, their phone system will not take a call from my cell phone, so I have to be on a land line when I call them.

Postby Steve Frederick » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:52 pm

I've dealt with them twice, had a great experience, although slow delivery, both times..When I needed parts, right there!! Fast response. I think that the axles are made to order, so that might explain the delay???
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Postby SteveH » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:38 pm

Dean,

I bought my axle from them and they shipped fast, but when I called they said it was raining and couldn't do anything but build axles. I think they will bill you when they build your axle, and ship shortly there after.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:15 am

Steve H,
Thanks... I won't even bother calling them since that's how they go about it. (I don't like nagging customers and I don't want to be one myself) ;)

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:50 am

I checked my bank statement this morning and the axle probably shipped yesterday, because it's been billed. (Shipping cost was very reasonable, less than $50.00)
Thumbs Up For Southwest Wheel! :thumbsup:

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers