Lil Traveler reviews?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby FireLion » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:09 pm

As I stated before, there IS room in the galley for a cooler! Check my album, page 2, pic 5.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby tearhead » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm not trying to pick a fight--the interior of ours looks a bit different from yours and I wonder if there have been some changes in galley construction or dimension in the lil travelers, maybe?. (For all I know, you may be the manufacturer -- Pleasant Valley.)

I just went out with a yardstick (okay, not very scientific) and measured our opening and the rectangular space in that area of our thus-far-uncamped-in tear is only (for height and depth pf the spot where you could conceivably put a cooler) about 12 1/2 by 13 in., 13 by 13 at the very most. I checked the Coleman website and their smallest chest cooler seems to be just over 13 inches, so I don't think it would fit. Our old Coleman that ultimately wore out a few years ago might have fit. We have a perfectly good cooler and I don't want to replace it with a vintage one, just to fit that space.

I admire your use of space and your modifications and appreciate your pointing out your gallery of photos for us to see.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby FireLion » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 am

I was only pointing out how things fit in my galley. I have a 2007 Little Traveler and yes, maybe the galley on later models is smaller. Whatever, enjoy your trailer. I apologize if I seemed to be argumenative, that was not my intention.
'How can ya get away from it all if ya take it all with ya?'
2004 Ford Escape Ltd.
2012 Coleman tent-no wheels, no A/C, no hitch
FireLion
500 Club

Postby sonar37 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:18 am

Hey TearHead

The coleman we use is a 28 quart model 6278 that was on sale at Wal-mart I bought 2 of them for 11.00 each when they went on sale. One fits perfectly in the back of the tear and the other goes in the trunk of the car or the back of the truck no problems. lots of room for drinks and food for the weekend plus there cheap and they keep food cold just fine for the weekend. Or week or whatever. Don't blow your money on real expensive coolers until you try this one out.

Rob

PS: They come in Red or Blue ours are blue.

Image 8) 8)
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

We finally got a chance to take it camping!

Postby tearhead » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Our maiden voyage went well. We were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable our camper was to sleep in, especially with the vent fan going. We're thinking of installing an extra air intake somewhere, because we noticed that when the windows were shut (it rained), it seemed a little "close" in there, with or without the fan on. But the fan did a good job and seemed the right size. Very soothing quiet sound. No problems with rain coming in. Thought I would post some galley pictures so others can see the size. The drawer is narrower than you might think but still contained what we wanted to take along--very handy! We put our old Coleman stove in the little cabinet along with the griddle and a couple of doormats (during tow). In the interior cabinets we put books, jackets, and our first aid kit. I think we're going to install little bitty shelves near the head end for our glasses, and we'll probably get a stick on clock for inside. And we'll get a side tent--I hadn't thought about the lack of privacy when you open the door! There you are! Very pleased with the trailer, though. It pulled easily.

Galley:

Galley Drawer:

Shows depth of galley area at bottom:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby sonar37 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey

Very Cool!! Thanks for the pics nice little traveler

Rob 8)
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers