Picking up 09 6wide Little Guy this weekend.

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby Karl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:48 am

CaptEditor wrote:My wife and I are considering the Little Guy 6-wide. How is it with dogs? We have a Great Pyrnese/Bernese Mix and two Queensland Heelers that we would be bringing with us while camping. Our two heelers usually sleep on the bed with us while our Pyrnese stays at the foot since he is really big. We are planning to take extended/long duration trips. Would it be too uncomfortable with 3 dogs?

-Kevin

Kevin,
I have a Little Guy 6-wide. My girlfriend and I easily survived two nights at Fort Custer Michigan State Rec Area last weekend (with the Great Lakes Chapter folks) with her two little foo-foo dogs with no problem. It was a little chilly so the boys went down by our feet under the galley platform and seemed very content. Even when she and I took walks, the dogs seemed calm being left in the Little Guy...something that surprised me. I am so very, very glad I got the 6-wide since we have more than enough space for all four of us. One thing I might change is to put different screens on the doors. At Lowe's or Home Depot, they have screening that alledgely stands up well to dogs. Neither of her dogs tried to claw their way out but just in case they did, I would feel better knowing that they might not find it too easy with that stronger screen material. Or, I could just electrify the screens I suppose. Just kidding!

On our get-together last weekend, Stu and Rocky (our chapter directors) had a Little Guy tent set up (http://www.teardropshop.net/paha-que-screen-room-tent. I was impressed by the tent and how it fit their TD quite well although $595 is a little pricy. Anyway...you could possibly consider having the dogs camp out in the tent (probably leave your TD door open) if you were confident they wouldn't try to claw their way out of the tent. Setting water, food, and dog beds in the tent might make it more comfortable for all concerned.
Karl
Tear Jerkers Director - Great Lakes Chapter
Karl
Silver Donating Member

Postby humormeplease » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:04 pm

CaptEditor wrote:My wife and I are considering the Little Guy 6-wide. How is it with dogs? We have a Great Pyrnese/Bernese Mix and two Queensland Heelers that we would be bringing with us while camping. Our two heelers usually sleep on the bed with us while our Pyrnese stays at the foot since he is really big. We are planning to take extended/long duration trips. Would it be too uncomfortable with 3 dogs?

-Kevin

With that many "kids" you might want a 10' long model?
John & Susan Image Yellow Jeep, Silver Shadow trailer, & a Dachshund weiner dog
humormeplease
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Picking up 09 6wide Little Guy this weekend.

Postby humormeplease » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:10 pm

dobbur23 wrote:My wife and I are picking up our new Little guy this weekend and we are totally new to tear drops. We currently tent camp and have owned a travel trailer in the past. We are getting the 6 wide with a/c, FanTastic vent, 110/12 volt package, bike receiver, etc. It is the platform model. Any customization ideas from people who have been there done that would be awesome. (pics would rock to.) I just started exploring this site a couple of days ago and it is great. You guys definitely have some awesome tear drops! Thanks!

We know the feeling...tents, pop-up, 30' motorhome, and finally our Silver Shadow. We love it now that the kids are gone it's a blast. If they want to join us they have to tent :)

http://www.myphoto.com/humormeplease/5812/33450/m
John & Susan Image Yellow Jeep, Silver Shadow trailer, & a Dachshund weiner dog
humormeplease
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Two Showers » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:44 am

You tow with big motors, so you can go up a size.
We normally tow with a 1641 VW Trike, so we have to down size.

My original Teardrop. A fibreglass unit that gave me just a dry warm bed, but on this occassion I was more than happy with that.

Then I developed this unit to give seating and space to do stuff.
Having said that, when we took Mi Shell on the back of the van, we have slept 2 adults and 2 big German Shepherds in this little unit.
It's 'cozy' !

We get in bed and the dogs find their own space !!!!!

They said "Smile, things could be worse"....

So I smiled, and things got worse.

I am a true descendant of the Hobbits.

Two Showers
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dobbur23 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 am

Just posted a another trip update about our Little Guy in general dicussion. If your intereted here is the link :

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=31704
Go sell crazy somewhere else, were all stocked up here!
dobbur23
Teardrop Advisor

Postby okiecamper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:59 pm

I have a 5 wide platform, take a look at my album, ive added a roof vent cover on mine so you can keep the venty open all the tme ( about $100) inatalled

also added levalour blinds on the onside, rather than on the door window.

I had big rv's before and vynal tire covers really help your tires when your parked. even have one for the spare tire.

i have the sight n sound pkg too, really nice!!!

Phil
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Postby hiker chick » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Great setup, Phil!

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby okiecamper » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

thanks Chick,

my sister had a dog like yours and he lived till he was 15yo

beautiful animals.

yours looks just like "Sam" their dog.

phil

i hope to make LGC.
there are many storms in life that come our way
the trick is learning to "dance in the rain."

May the apple of your eye see only good
May God make smooth the path before you.
okiecamper
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers