New Company, New Teardrop

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

New Company, New Teardrop

Postby Two Showers » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:43 am

Right Guys and Gals

We have finally got setup.
We aim at the ULTRA Light market, so don't expect a kitchen/galley, satellite TV or a spare room for the Butler.
We come from a Triking background where weight is THE controlling factor.

We now have 2 models. The Sleeper and "Mi Shell".

Mi Shell came about as a direct result of talking to people with mobility issues, such as some Triker's who have spinal problems or even various amputations.
They all were saying the side door or rear door on a Teardrop was difficult to handle and they would benefit from easier access. Especially somewhere to stick the wheelchair at night. A major factor in the single bed Mi Shell option.

So Mi Shell was born

Have a look and please feel free to make any comments (Negative as well as positive) as this is how we learn and develop a better product.

Weight means we don't line the units (although it IS available). But with opener windows, there is no more condensation than a tent, unless you want to go Turtling in -5 degrees !!!

When commenting, please remember, don't compare us to a 500Kg £4000+ unit, because we could make those, but then who would look after the Mini Driver, or 2CV, or Beetle, or the Trikers.

www.TurtleTrailers.com
They said "Smile, things could be worse"....

So I smiled, and things got worse.

I am a true descendant of the Hobbits.

Two Showers
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:12 am

You are definitely addressing a real need in the teardrop market, and ironically that need is for "even" lighter weight models and materials.

I drive a Jeep as my primary vehicle that gets 14mpg (12mpg when towing the tear :thumbdown: ) and have always imagined a second car with whatever new technology provides the biggest number for gas mileage. I don't care if it's a perfected battery with electric cars, cheaper gas hybrids, diesel hybrids, hydrogen, or just a much smaller car.

But my 6 wide weighs in at a thousand pounds dry (maybe 1300 loaded) and what used to be thought of as light for the towing capacity of the Jeep is no longer if I go down the road of super high mpg (no mpg electric) vehicles. I'm also 6'4" and need a bed to accommodate, so I am very interested in the direction of your company and products!

OKAY, ACTUALLY IT WAS THE ZEBRA BLANKET PICTURE UNDER "PRICES AND SPECS" THAT SOLD ME... WAY TO BRING SEXY BACK TO TEARDROPS!! :thumbsup: :lol:
Scott G.
Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:47 am

Yup -- lightweight brings a whole lot more car owners (and motorcycle) into teardropping.

I admire your entrepreneurial daring -- good luck!

:thumbsup:
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Two Showers » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:57 am

Sadly in the UK, motorcycles are not allowed to tow Tears, but we Trikers are!!!!

:applause: :applause:

Two Showers
Teardrop Advisor

Postby SlyTerry » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 am

Tadpole Trailers makes the EGG for the bike market at under 200 lbs. so check it out at www.tadpoletrailers.com
If your into teardrops and motorcycles this is the way to fly. We have been doing this for the last three years and the current product has been essentially redesigned using feedback from those that know; the bikers themselves
SlyTerry
Teardrop Master

Postby Two Showers » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am

As above, not legal to tow with motorcycles in the UK.
Too wide.

Two Showers
Teardrop Advisor

Postby angib » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:34 am

Perhaps it's worth posting the limits of trailers that can be towed behind motorcycles in the UK - other European countries may be similar:
- maximum width 1000mm (39");
- maximum length from back axle of bike 2500mm (98")
- maximum trailer weight 150kg (330lb) or 2/3rds of bike's unladen weight, whichever is less;
- engine size greater than 150cc.

This means that the box of a motorcycle trailer can't be much more than 1500mm long by 1000mm wide. So all those US import trailers one sometimes sees Wings towing are illegal!

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers