Lil Traveler by Pleasant Valley

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby NW_Subie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 pm

Take a look at 07Racal http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=6347 for photos of a Rascal/Focus combo.

I'm a believer going light-weight. I do like the Pleasant Valley and Silver Shadow galleys more than the Little Guy galley shelf. I'm just not sure you'll enjoy towing that much weight with the Focus.

I've found that I prefer cooking on an external table. I use the galley shelf to store light items. Hopefully the Little Guy galley redesign will make the back platform more useful. I had a galley in my home built that I recently sold. Never used it to cook, but it was nice for storing the cooler and kitchen items. It really depends on how you plan to use the TD for camping.

Here's an interesting looking TD for sale near Indianapolis.
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/1292459339.html

My home built galley

How I use my platform on my LG.

NW_Subie
Teardrop Master

Postby ame8199 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you,

There are a few focuses with Rascals and they are my role models :P

Just wonder if I find a Rascal for cheaper before I have the money for a new one, If I could handle the construction of a new simple galley.
Amy
~future owner of a teardrop~
ame8199
Teardrop Master

Postby sonar37 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:14 pm

We love our Lil Traveler 5x8 and pull it with our Four cylinder Ford Ranger but we will be pulling it with our Chevy Malibu as soon as we get a trans cooler installed. Transmission coolers are a must for pulling as you don't want to strain your transmission.

Rob 8)
How is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? ~Author Unknown~
sonar37
Teardrop Master

Postby joe & Vickie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:02 am

Lil traveler by pleasant valley is Amish made at Sugar creek, Ohio. They are the makers of the Yoder Toter teardrop trailer brand. They have 110 volt & also have a 12 volt hookups. the 4 x 8 that you were thinking about is opnly 800 odd pounds. you could pull it with your vehicle. I have a 5 x 10 yoder toter that weighs 1010 pounds empty, & I haul it with my minivan. I hardly even know that it is back there.
Joe
joe & Vickie
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers